1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Pat White and the wildcat

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bbqpitlover, Jul 14, 2009.

1. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    As it appears Pennington will be our number one QB, Chad Henne as our number 2 AND Pat White as our third string qb. So here is my question if Pat White is listed as a third string QB and enters the game to play the wildcat qb position isn't there a rule that would prohibit our number qb from coming back into the game? Or is there a rule that prohibits a 3rd string qb from entering the game before the 4th quarter?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

they would probably list white as another position (WR, HB, something) and have Henne in as the #2 QB and just put White on the field as a WR/HB in the wildcat trigger spot.

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Pat White can be 3rd string QB and come in if they do not use the 3rd string QB exception from my understanding.

cnc66 likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think Dupree is correct.. as long as he is not designated the "emergancy" qb, he can play with no penalty

5. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809f6279&template=with-video&confirm=true

So, since Pat White won't be the "emergency" QB and will be active, he can be played whenever.