1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about our RBs.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Nov 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I was thinking today (yeah, i know..thats a first :)))
    And stumbled upon a question: How many Running Backs is FO planning on keeping after this season?
    Right now we have 3 active RBs on the roster (Ronnie, Ricky and Patrick) and one FB. (Polite)
    Ricky signed a one year extension this season, Cobbs signed a two year.
    Ronnie is here at least until the end of next year.
    This year we drafted two RBs in the sixth round who are on the practice squad. That gives us a total of 5 RBs and a FB. Now if I remember correctly, players are allowed to be on the squad for up to three years?
    What happens this offseason?
    Keep the two rookies on the PS or what?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Well.

They could always convert them to other positions. They could trade them. They could drop them.

If I had to pick which three are staying it will be Brown, Williams & Cobbs.

I thought ricky's was only a year extension?

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    You are right, it was one year.
    Trade...not sure about that. They are both six round picks and nobody really has any real film on them. Maybe the preaseason, but that's about it.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Just hoping :)

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Add Casey Cramer to the FB list.

I expect it to stay the way it is when it comes down to Running Backs. Cobbs is going no where IMO. Sparano is a fan of Ricky Williams. Ronnie Brown is the franchise back for now. At the FB spot, we could keep Polite or Cramer or we could possibly go another direction in drafting a FB late. I know that Lex Hilliard can play both FB and RB. He did that at Montana. If you've been on the boards since Parmele was drafted, you know I'm a fan of the guy. In the end, I think we could keep three backs and a FB or keep three backs and a H-back, whomever that may be.

6. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Just an aside, but Ricky and Ronnie have combined for over 1000 yards on the ground already. Pretty impressive.