1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about my computer.....

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by SICK, Jul 31, 2009.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i got a macbook as most here know.....ive never had any problems....till recently.....

i frequent this forum, carolinahuddle.com and sherdog.net....

everything runs fine, fast moving, smooth etc etc....

EXCEPT ......

when someone posts a GIF in a thread.......as iam scrolling down the page....it will stop me from scrolling.....and the rainbow circle (mac version of windows hourglass) spins and spins and spins.....until A. the gif loads fully. or B. i scroll up (it is bumpy and not fluid) and click "new post" or click out of the page...

is this my internet? do i have something f'ed up with my computer? do i need to clean some files? wtf....this hasnt always happened.....thanks if anyone knows

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

macs as far as i know don't usually catch the windows version of the common cold. i think they're pretty virus/trojan/worm/**** up your computer resistant. it might be the internet?

maybe someone here who has a mac can be better help to you; but i'd be willing to bet that it's not a virus.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i ****ing hope not.....

4. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I wonder if it's a issue with RAM. I don't have a mac and I've rarely encountered a .gif that will slow my laptop down, the only time it happened that I can remember was when it was an extremely large .gif that other folks quoted, so it was loading 5 or 6 of the same .gif all at once. Was that the case on the site that you encountered trouble?

How much RAM do you have and what type of internet connection do you use?

5. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    If everything else seems to be running fine I would say it is a browser issue. Have you tried any other browsers?

I would think if it was a connection speed issue you would have noticed a different on other sites as well. Have you check your connection speed?

Test speed and also try pinging somewhere and see if you are getting any packet loss.

http://mactips.info/2009/04/how-to-check-your-internet-connection-with-ping