1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB subplot brewing for Jets' opener (good Read)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Aug 20, 2008.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    When the Jets travel to South Florida on Sept. 7, they'll be facing a quarterback who might know their offensive and defensive playbooks better than their current quarterback. Pennington's ability to assimilate and process information is one of his biggest strengths, and it won't be easy for the Jets to disguise what they'll be trying to do to him on defense.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/QB_subplot_brewing_for_Jets_opener.html

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, one advantage for perhaps the one game...maybe...

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good read, thanks.

I'm really curious about how Favre does in New York. We've already heard the talk about his fatigued arm and I can understand that one but now he's asking them to simplify the playbook for him. He did good in the preseason game but he only knows so little of the terminology.

4. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008

a jetfan here & am also curious about game 1. farve will most likely be fine physically but you're right about the playbook bein peared down. couple that with chad knowing it well should help your D adjust. Chad also knows our defense real well which closes the gap on that side of the ball as well.

I don't see bookies throwin much more than a pickem since fins are at home.
    this game will be no cakewalk imo. but I do see the jets comin out on top in a hardfought battle.

very nice site here btw

dolphindebby and calphin like this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here.

I agree with you. I also see the Jets coming out with win.

6. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    thanks man, I expected to get bashed not welcomed. what a pleasant surprise.

not much of a trashtalker myself so i'll apologize in advance for bein civil :pointlol:

alen1 likes this.
  7. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Welcome and the rest of us expect you to lose:lol:

8. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Do you really think that the plays called for Chad are the same as for Favre?

Really think about that.

9. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Welcome to the site!

10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The plays might change a bit, but any jet fan will admit that Chad is an extremely smart dude.

For example, Chad knows D'Bustashaw's weaknesses (and there are quite a few) and will be sure to talk to Sparano about his tendencies and tells. Chad has practiced against that defense for a few years now. He knows how fast the safeties close and which CBs will bite on pump fakes and the like.

It would be one thing if an average QB went from NY to Miami. Its another thing when its a guy as smart as Pennington.

DennyCrane likes this.
  11. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    :lol:

Actually, being civil is applauded and respected here. Especially when it comes to Jets fans.

So indeed welcome!

dolphindebby likes this.
  12. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It should be a good battle. For whatever reason we have struggled against the Jets since Marino retired. It just seems like we have matchup problems against then, and the Jets can't seem to beat anybody, but they always step up against us. I think it will be a close game, but I like Miami winning this one at home by a score of:

Dolphins 20
    Jets 17

13. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Chad and pump fake should not be in the same sentence.

BTW, you do not think the Jets D knows Pennington's tendencies? This is the same D that has been giving him fits in camp prior to his release.

14. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I can't wait for this game. I can't wait for 2 Mondays from now when we can just start talking about real NFL football games that count. September 7th...I'll be there when we shock the world!