1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB Matt Scott - Arizona

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Claymore95, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    I only saw one game of his last year, against Stanford, but was intrigued by what I saw. I thought he might be a nice pickup as a developmental backup to Tannehill. An athletic, accurate QB who looked good in the one game I saw, but admittedly didn't seem to hear a huge amount more in other games I read about.

Anyway, I see that Daniel Jeremiah has been tweeting that a buzz is rising about him and that he's interesting a lot of teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...as-matt-scott-generating-plenty-of-draft-buzz

What do the more knowledgable draftniks think about him, is he someone that should interest us? As I say, I like him and wouldn't be averse to using a pick (4th compensatory/5th maybe) on him if he was available. Or are we set now at QB and don't look at anyone unless it's a 7th or UDFA.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    My general feeling is that our QB crop is pretty complete, and I'm happy with them at their relative positions. Tannehill is a budding starter who has flashed elite ability at times, bonehead mistakes at others, but overall gives us a legitimate chance at a franchise passer.

Matt Moore is a fantastic teammate, a gamer, and someone who can step under center and not only "manage" your team, but prove to be a winning asset at times. In the world of backups, Miami might have the very best IMO. He's a lockerroom guy, he's more than capable on the field, and he's a mentor to Tannehill.

Pat Devlin is someone the coaching staff seems to appreciate and he's still a young guy. 24 years old and improving. Will eventually take over Matt Moore's backup position, likely never being someone who starts. It's always nice to have untapped potential at your 3rd QB position.

In a draft like this, where you can get a legitimate contributor in the 4th if you happen to catch a falling prospect, Id prefer not to use anything above a 7th on someone who would be filling a roster spot that's 1) not likely to be activated even if best case scenario and 2) trying to fill a need that's perfectly fine