1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A with draft pick Donald Thomas

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 1, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-donaldthomas08,0,6901343.story

Q: Did you go to the University of Connecticut to walk on?

A: "I went to school just to go to school and be a regular student. I was there and I saw I was just as big as some of the kids there to really compete with them. I decided to try my luck and walk onto the football team. It took some time to start playing, but it finally worked out for me after a couple of years."

Q: Was there a point this season you thought you had the talent to be drafted?

A: "Halfway through, towards the end of the season, scouts were starting to come see me practice. They (coaches) told me I had the ability and opportunity to play at the next level and just keep working and stay humble. They were definitely telling me and I just took that and ran with it."

Q: How surprised are you that you did get drafted?

A: "It's unreal. I can't even put it into words. I can't believe that this is happening and I'm just so happy that this is happening."

Q: Do you have a relationship with Head Coach Tony Sparano?

A: "I've always known that he's from Connecticut. I never met him or anything like that. I know a few old teachers of mine that actually knew him. They were telling me, 'Dolphins, Dolphins. I know Coach Sparano.' Things of that nature, but I never met him before."

2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Seems like a nice dude.