1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A with Boston College QB Matt Ryan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    enjoy adamprez2003

Polished quarterback just wants to find out where he’ll be playing next season
    It’s an annual rite of passage, it seems. A top-rated college quarterback has to face the gauntlet leading up to the draft, and it’s no different for Boston College’s Matt Ryan. Despite a decorated career, leading BC to one of its best seasons in recent years and emerging as this year’s top-rated quarterback in the draft, Ryan is starting to see his name slip ever so slightly down draft boards. Why? He’d like to know just as much as you would.

Ryan isn’t sulking as the draft gets closer, though. Instead, he’s looking forward to finding out which team he’ll suit up for — and he’s blogging about his experience along with Virginia DE Chris Long with Sprint. Cell phone carriers can read Ryan’s and Long’s blogs, follow the action on Draft Day and get updates and analysis throughout. Ryan, meanwhile, spent a few minutes chatting with PFW about likely not being a Dolphin, hanging out with Doug Flutie, his best Brett Favre story and what he’ll be wearing in the green room … even if he’ll have to spend a little while longer in there than he originally had hoped.

Good read
    link to rest of story
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/ryanqa041808.htm

adamprez2003 likes this.
  2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    PFW: You made it known at the Combine and since then that you would be very interested in being a Dolphin, and yet it looks like that’s not going to happen. What did you think when it became clear the Dolphins were looking in another direction with Jake Long or Vernon Gholston?

Ryan: Uh (laughs). I guess it’s kind of the same as everyone else. Jake (Long) and Vernon (Gholston), I know those guys pretty well. I have had a chance to work out with them. And both of those guys are great guys, so I am excited for them. You know, you just don’t know what’s going to happen though. There’s a lot of speculation. There are a lot of things that are going on. There are a lot of different things that can happen between now and next Saturday. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That's right Matt. Keep the faith. Lots can happen between now and next week. I'm telling you I love the fact that all the attention is on Jake and Vernon right now. I think this is going to be one of those classic bait and switch draft picks. The person you're not hearing anything about is the guy they want

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Here we go again...............

:D

4. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: If you hear a media source come out next week before Wednesday with the quote " We're hearing that Miami may still be considering Matt Ryan with its pick" its a slam dunk adn he's the pick. If we go past Wednesday with no rumor of Ryan coming to Miami then I will have to admit that it looks bleak for his chances. But I'm dead serious when I say that I think its the kiss of death to be the front runner right now

5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I tell you, asses would be kicked...

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol: Bro theres no chance he will be picked. Here, if Ryan is picked first overall, I will give ALL my credits. You dont have to give any to me if he isn't because I brought it up. Deal?

7. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Dont worry bout it. Like I said. My deadline is Wednesday. I just need to hear one media source say not to write Ryan off just yet. Santa promised me a QB for Christmas :hi5:

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol alright. :hi5: He might have promised you a QB but not by name. Could that QB be Flacco or Henne? Maybe so.

9. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Henne would be a lump of coal. Flacco would excite me though. He's a huge risk though. If we get Flacco, I'll be thrilled with whoever we get with the 1st. The only two QBs I'm interested first day are Flacco and Ryan. With Ryan I'm convinced the guy is going to be very good for a long time. With Flacco he could be anywhere from great to out of the league in five years. I like Brohm alot but only for a west coast offense so that puts him outside what I think we'll be running

The only other QBs that I wouldnt mind drafting but not before the 6th are Bernard Morris and O'Hara. Otherwise I say just wait until free agency and bring in Morrelli, Ostrander or Keller and hope Lee can coach them up in a few years

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ooo ok, thanks :up:. Man as I was reading this thread, I thought to myself " Man if Matt Ryan ends up somehow to the Jets, AP will be on suicide watch for the rest of his life".

11. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Here's my nightmare scenario. We get Jake Long, the Jets get Ryan and the Pats get Chris Long. How would that make you feel? :sad:

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I would :cry::cry::cry::cry: oh yeah and :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

13. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Me too. Not enough liquor in the world to ease the pain :no:

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    i agree but I could go for some Caribou lou right now.