1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put down that Coke! And the OJ!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Miamian, Aug 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    http://www.israel21c.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7022:israeli-study-soda-and-fruit-juice-drinks-cause-liver-damage&catid=57:health&Itemid=63

alen1 likes this.
  2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Hooray for Water, Milk, and Beer!

Boik14 and opfinistic like this.
  3. crunk-colt

crunk-colt New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    so it's bad that i drink a Monster Assault every night? :lol:

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

soda causes long term liver damage?

at least i can blame it on that when the booze ****s it all up :lol:

RGF likes this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Great read.

Miamian, if I may ask, is too much Apple Juice bad for you as well or no?

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Typically 1 soda a day for me after a meal.

7. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I don't know Alen, I'm just the messenger. However, I did read once that apples are considered good because they keep your blood sugar high and thus you don't feel hungry so quickly.

Keep in my mind, I'm a city planner that happened to come across an interesting story.

alen1 likes this.
  8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Sorry, not gonna take their word for it.

9. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    You drink diet coke anyways.

10. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I still drink a glass of OJ every morning.

11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I havent drank soda since high school. The month I stopped I dropped 15 lbs and 2 waist sizes without changing anything else in my diet or exercise. I usually dont care about that stuff but I was kinda of chubby at the time so it was a big deal then. That stuff is the absolute worst stuff you can drink. The carbonation in there is worse then beer (somehow). It can enlarge the male prostate as well.

12. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Best thing the schools here ever did was remove those damn soda machines.

13. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Sugar from any source, even fruits, feeds much of the nasty invaders that might be within us. It also lowers our bodies PH to levels favorable for disease, cancer, parasites, fungus, etc to live and multiply. (think about a pool that has turned green from a drop in PH after not being taken care of: it now has all kinds of crap living in it, and the last thing you want to do is swim in it. You add chlorine or hydrogen peroxide and it raises the PH killing off everything in it, turning it clear blue and stays that way as long as it's maintained. That's how our insides get when our internal PH drops. If it drops a little, an environment can be created over time that's optimal for disease.... if it STAYS this way, cancer may develop.... if it drop a little more, the cancer grows or spreads.... drops more than that and it matastasizes.... then you undergo unsuccessful chemo... and experience a painful death. Funny thing is, as the PH drops, it becomes harder for your body to absorb and utilize oxygen's benefits... which <in an oxygen rich environment> cancer and other diseases/parasites are either killed or are prevented from growing and reproducing in the first place.

If you have a high carb diet with lots of fast food, bread, sweets, pasta, rice, potatoes, cereal, or other starches.... then you're already overloading your sytem with sugar and stressing your liver and other organs.... so adding more sugar to it can only make it worse, even if it comes from fruit.

Healthy diets high in live foods like veggies and raw nuts/seeds along with quality protein from poultry or fish still leaves the body with a need for carbohydrates for energy/fuel etc, of which <lower glycemic> fruits and fresh fruit juice are extremely benefitial.

So... morale of the story- stay away from man made foods, excess carbs, starches, sweets, etc.... drink lots of water since it contains oxygen.... take an oxygen supplement like Oxygen Elements plus that helps your body increase the amount of oxygen in our blood..... take a "greens supplement" like "Greens Plus" etc to detoxify our body and neutralize our PH so that disease is unable to spread and oxygen is more utilized....stop using caffeine b/c it dehydrates us by zapping water from cells.... stop taking artificial sweeteners b/c they are either chemically converted in our bodies into formaldehyde (don't think we want to be embalming ourselves lol) or chlorine which is highly toxic.....take a quality "liquid vitamin" supplement that has ionic trace minerals so that our cells, brain, organs, etc get all the nutrition they need to function and replicate properly.... if you can't find one with the ionic trace minerals in them, then take a liquid mineral supplement that is plant based and has been pre-softened by nature (these are much smaller molecularly than the chelated "tablet" form that are made from rock... IE: they are actually small enough to penetrate our cells to make them usable vs just crapping them out.).... take a high ORAC super fruit supplement like "Super Orac 7" that gives us an entire day's worth of antioxidant protection in a single oz.... which slows down the aging process by coating our healthy cells in a way that prevents them from being oxidized by unstable oxygen molecules.... like preventing metal from rusting.

Any more questions... just ask. LOL. my brain's mush right now. :D

14. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Well, we know:

No pain, no gain.

However:

No gluttony, no gaiety.