1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PT's Mock v1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PerfectTeam, Mar 12, 2011.

1. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    1. Ryan Mallet, QB Arkansas
    3. Edmund Gates, WR Abilene Christian
    4. Rob Housler, TE FAU
    5. Roy Helu, RB Nebraska
    6. Aldrick Robinson, WR SMU
    7. Jah Reid, OT UCF
    7. Alex Wujciak, ILB Maryland

Something I was thinking about lately and wanted to get some opinions on. The first pick is what is giving me the most trouble especially with the labor situation the way it is.

I like Mark Ingram a lot and think he is going to be a special player in the league, I just think Mallet could be as well and since it is a position of need I had to go with Mallet here. I'm not completely off the Henne bandwagon but I just believe Mallet could be the superior player.

Gates in the third could be our Mike Wallace. Deep threat and just adds that dimension that we are missing on offense.

Housler in the fourth again opens up the offense. I see Daboll using him the way he used Ben Watson last year. Split him out wide and take advantage of the size/speed combo he would offer us.

Helu in the fifth I think would be good value. Good role guy to have on the team.

Aldrick Robinson in the sixth would be a steal. Another speed receiver and could possibly add a big dimension to our special teams.

Jah Reid would be a nice developmental prospect for down the road and Alex Wujciak is to good to pass up in the seventh if he is still there averaging 10.6 tackles over his career.

All my selections are based off where NFL Draft Scout has the players listed. Some players I think are going to go higher like Robinson, but for now I figured I would use that as a basis for my picks. Let me know what you think.

Silverphin likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I like the overall increase in speed, but like you, write one of these out and try to escape Mark Ingram at #15 and it is just not easy to do.

He sits there like the pretty girl who flirts with you everyday, you have her number, she mentioned she was not busy on Friday Evening..

:lol:

The Rev likes this.
  3. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL

Yea very true lol. Hopefully he wouldn't be the pretty chick that tells you he likes you as a friend only lol. It is hard to get away from him though. If Henne were at least servicable at this point, I think I could go with Ingram without hesisitation. I just don't know that Henne is though or at the least is going to be anytime soon. In a perfect world, Carson Palmer would end up here and then it becomes moot. Palmer and the Ingram in the first would be a huge boost to the offense.

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I would rather have Ingram (obviously) but I certainly would not be upset over that.

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Honestly, I'd be happy with that draft. Especially the fourth round pick.

6. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Ingram is a definite close 2nd. I was almost tempted to put in Ingram and then T.J. Yates where I had Helu.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And then you think "Sparano and Ireland know they do not have much time, one season, that is it, how can they take the Qb"?

Then there is the smiling, cute chick, who you know would be perfect for what you need..why chase after the one you barely know?

8. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I think Irelad has more time than Sparano does. Plus if Mallet shows like he can, Ross might not be so quick to get rid of Sparano.

9. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'd like that draft, but I don't think Reid will last that long. Either way, I would definitely be very happy with something similar.

10. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I don't either. As of right now, I was going off NFL Draft Scout and their rankings. If he did, would be damn good value then.

sports24/7 likes this.
  11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Can't know that though, Ireland has been around this business for a long time that situation is one that does send a message.

Not that I'd complain about Mallet, however Ingram makes far more sense for us.

12. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If they did take Ingram, I definitely wouldn't complain. I want to see what Henne can do with a better coordinator and more playmakers around him.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And that is the thing with Henne, he is not THAT far away from being a decent nfl Qb, you can win with him, and if you bring in a Rook Qb at #15, would he produce better than Henne in his first yr?

I'd doubt it, maybe hit more plays down the field is what I'd expect but shots deep down the field happen 3-4 times a game at most.

14. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    and after a few months you're sick of her

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I like the draft, but I would have gone with Ingram. I think Mallet's odds of being a bust are very high and I don't like his odds of ever being a franchise guy.

I might also take Yates. I like his cost/risk ratio better than Mallet's.

PerfectTeam likes this.
  16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Happens to everyone..that is the way love goes miamiron.

17. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I just wonder if he is going to be aggresive enough. He might be to damaged at this point. I also wonder about the Ryan Leaf comparison with Mallet. It's hard to not ignore it. I know I'm going to flip flop back and forth for the next few weeks.

18. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea I was thinking of going with Ingram in the first and then Yates where I had Helu. I'd be happy with that draft.

rafael likes this.