1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 League Scouting Reports

Discussion in 'Online Leagues' started by Mainge, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I think after every game, we should write a scouting report about your opponents tendencies and such. Nothing extremely complicated, just stuff like do they have more success running counters, compared to dives, etc. And if they used slants and quick hitches as apposed to longer routes such as posts and digs.

And then how often they blitzed, where did the pressure come from, did they play more man or zone, ect.

I think this will help everyone improve. It will force everyone to change their gameplan game to game, and will help players focus on what their opponents are doing and allow you to adjust.

Thoughts?

2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'm game...I'll need some of these reports to be competitive...LOL!

Mainge likes this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Good idea. I'm going winless anyway. :cry:

(You guys think I'm kidding. Just watch. I will be this league's version of the Rich Kotite Jets.)

4. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    NO, I will be worse.:hi5:

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Report: Lou-igi (Get Up And Go)

Offense: throws outside passes, often to the left. Takes advantage of the sidelines. Will run outside in both directions, more often right. Does not audible often. Vulnerable to corner blitzes on pass plays and edge rushes on run plays.

Defense: blitzes like a German. Covers passing lanes very well. Changes player control often, especially in potential sack situations. Can be run on at times, but will control the player most likely to tackle the carrier. Has trouble defending intermediate crossing routes. Potentially vulnerable to tight ends.

Mainge and Get Up And Go like this.
  6. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I'll take that under advisement.:lol:

I don't have the attention span to notice what you were doing. Sorry:no:

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm not giving a scouting report on myself. :lol:

8. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I'm also not much of a "Football guy" when it comes to knowledge of the game. So analyzing a football game is tough.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    All you really needed to say was "Gets picked like a five year old's nose and sacked like potatoes." :up:

10. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Expanding on this, mostly in agreement...

Offense: He throws a lot to the outside and quite a bit of deep stuff. He killed me with the outside stuff actually and hit me for some big plays. He doesn't run the ball a whole lot but he did suck me in a few times with play action. You can get him off the corner with blitzes but he does get rid of the ball fast when rushed. He's really good on the stick, tough to tackle at times and got a lot of YAC on me.

Defense: I felt like France in 1940. I had very little time and it forced me into interceptions. He mixes it up well though. He can be run on a little bit but remaining patient can be an issue with me so I could not totally take advantage of it. You're right on the tight end though and I used it early but went away from it in the 2nd.

Mainge, Desides and Get Up And Go like this.
  11. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Well, I was up 5 to 0 in the 2nd half before my internet disconnected. But I'll talk a little bit about Lou-igi anyway.

Offense: Dont have a whole lot to say. He had negative total yardage in 2 and a half quarters. He is extremely susceptible to zone blitzing off the edge.

Defense: Played mostly man with some blitzing mixed in. He took advantage of my mistakes in the redzone as I left 17 red zone points off the board.

12. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    It was partly you defending me well and lag.

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Report: Biddy1 (Phin-o-rama)

Offense: more passing than running. When he runs, will go to the outside. Rarely runs up the gut. Passes intermediate to deep over the middle. Dropping linebackers into coverage and sending safety/corner blitzes can at least hurry him. Tends to throw picks, though that's just the Madden "magic" at work.

Defense: excellent at coverage. Very hard to throw deep on him. Throws everything in the bag of tricks at you, and blitzes primarily from one side. Had some success throwing on him with shotgun crossing routes. Vulnerable to runs up the gut, but will stop outside runs cold. Bites on play-action.

14. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Brief report on Desides:

Offense: Balanced attack. He had me on my heels quite a bit and I bit on play action more then once. He loves to throw the ball over the middle. Roy Williams was killing me big time.

Defense: Plays a lot of nickel/dime. Good in coverage most of the time. Did not notice a lot of blitzes. Can be run on inside. Can be hit for big plays.

15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Report: unifiedtheory94 (unifiedtheory)

Offense: Alge Frickin' Crumpler. :tantrum: (Throws deep, runs up the gut, runs left. Audibles. And then throws to Alge Crumpler out of nowhere for two clutch touchdowns.)

Defense: Adolf Frickin' Hitler. :tantrum: (Blitzes. Lots of zone coverage. Great at making user tackles. Stuffs gut runs.)

16. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Report on Stitches:

Offense: Passes it every down. Breaks a lot of tackles. Smart with the ball and does not turn it over. You can't really read him or get an idea of what he's doing because he throws it all over the yard. Ignore the run because so does he...LOL! He's susceptible to blitzes and can be sacked but you'd better get there or he'll hit you for 30.

Defense: Very good on the stick with his defensive backs and makes a ton of use tackles and uses the hit stick well. Be ready to turn the ball over. Be patient. The way he plays offense forces you to throw it a lot and he'll kill you if you try and hit him deep. I saw a lot of zone and not a lot of blitzing. If/when I play him again I'd do things a lot differently on offense. I might not win but at least I would not throw 25 interceptions.

17. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anyone have a report on sking29 (tscrubsly)? I have to play this guy later and I want to know what I'm in for. :shifty:

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Fine, I'll write one myself!

Report: tscrubsly (sking29)

Offense: Throws the kitchen sink at you, literally. Passes all over the field, intermediate and deep. One or two play action passes as well. Runs frequently, splitting calls to the left/right and up the gut. Very balanced offense, hard to predict. Can be hurried or flushed out of the pocket, but his QB is McNabb: he'll run for a gain.

Defense: London Fletcher-Baker picked me off 5 times. I don't need to say anything else.

19. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Don't forget I love the QB sneak.

As for Desides he underestimates himself which is his biggest downfall as he is much better than he acts.

Also he passes all over the field and has a great running game. His only problem is reading the defense when passing. On defense he plays an overall good gameplan which makes you improvise.

Great player that needs to give himself more credit. :up: