1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Exclusives

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by texanphinatic, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Anyone have a good list? Got one for XMas. :up:

No need to list cross platforms though, as Ive had a 360 for awhile now.

Metal Gear 4 is tops on my list, what else do I need?

Also, since I dont have a TV that can take advantage of the Blu Ray, but will be shopping soon, anyone have any good recommendations? :lol

2. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Uncharted 2
    Killzone 2
    Little Big Planet

texanphinatic likes this.
  3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Uncharted 1 and 2
    MLB the Show
    Heavenly Sword
    I hear InFamous is good, haven't played it yet.
    Little Big Planet
    Just off the top of my head, I'm sure I missed a few.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The wife got me the bundle with Infamous and the Batman AA game.

Heard good things about the Uncharted - question though. Are they sequential? Could I play 2 without having played 1 and not feel lost or in the dark alot?

Killzone ive heard mixed reviews, but I enjoy shooters so may give it a shot. Are the Resistances worth picking up? Over Killzone?

EDIT: Just as a general note, I tend to play alot more single player than multiplayer. I dont generally mind a shorter game though as long as its really good.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    go and enjoy yourself infamous and batman. thats an awesome bundle right there. both games are amazing. but otherwise, you also have the resistance series which is worth owning(dont have killzone tho, so not sure if its better or not, but its like the PS3's Gears of War). i too liked heavenly sword, especially since you can probably get it at walmart for 15 bucks. as mentioned, MGS4, and the Uncharteds cover the must own exclusives.

also, if you can get uncharted 1 for relatively cheap, its worth playing and owning anyway. get both.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You can play Uncharted 2 without playing the first but I highly recommend playing them in order.

If you're a baseball fan at all MLB the Show is a must own. I'd wait for the new one in March though at this point.

7. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Socom.

8. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    If you haven't played the series get the God of War Collection. It'll also have the demo to God of War 3 witch should be coming out soon.

As far as TV's I was actually just in your shoes, and a lot depends on your budge and the size of a TV that you want. If you look through this thread

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=41290

you'll see Sking and Dupree had a nice back and forth about the ps3 in 720 as opposed to 1080 as well if there is a difference on a small set. A few others chimed in too.

What I ended up getting was a 32" Vizio 720p from my parents as a christmas gift. It's one of the lower level entry TV's but I love it. I was worried about how Blu Ray would look not in 1080p but it still looks amazing for being underutilized. I also looked at my brother's and dad's 40 and 50" 720p sets and blu ray still looked great on them. So there's definitely nothing wrong with that. You will get a better picture on 1080 sets but it will cost you extra. Hope this helps

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Demon's Souls.

Awesome RPG.

10. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    take it back :tongue2:

11. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    God of War Collection
    MGS4 (as you have)
    Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Killzone 2 (multiplayer = best thing since sliced bread)
    inFamous
    MLB the Show
    Demons Souls
    Fat Princess
    Calling All Cars
    Flower
    Heavenly Sword
    Little Big Planet
    Motorstorm
    Motorstorm Pacific Rift
    Rachet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Soon to join the club next year:
    God of War III
    Heavy Rain
    ModNation Racers
    Gran Turismo 5

Basically the PS3 is draining my wallet lately.

Now let me say this about Killzone 2...it is awesome. However it is different than COD games because KZ2 has a heaviness with the player control. Meaning its more realistic since you can't spin around and do a 180 in about .1 second lol. The multiplayer is really where the game shines. It has five multiplayer modes that change during one mulitplayer game. Its basically different missions. Its awesome and super addictive. However single player is pretty robust and took me around 8 hrs. I enjoyed it and the graphics, action, and sound are all amazing. The single player is well worth getting the game.

As for Resistance its like your older FPS games like say from last generation but its still great. Resistance 2 is more updated and I think even better. The multiplayer there is great too. Now the Resistance series to me have great storytelling in the single player and they really get me into them. I think Resistance 1 took me 10 hrs to finish and I am working on 2 right now.

I would say do not skip Killzone 2 and not Resistance 1 or 2 either. Great games and are well worth the price.