1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prospects and bowl games

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by anlgp, Jan 7, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I hear everyone talking about the bowl games. Then I hear people say their stock could rise or fall depending on how they do in that game.

Why?

Is it the pressure of the big game? Is it the national exposure?

All?

Anything else?

Thanks, I don't understand why if a player has a whole season of awesome games and they come in and play poorly during one game their stock could fall.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong?

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I think Bowl Games and the way that players perform in them is an utter misnomer. Like you say, if a guy blows in the Bowl but has been All American for the season, the casual fan judges him on the Bowl. It's because the casual fan really only sees the Bowl and all judgements are made thus.

anlgp likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What Boom said. I also think bar is a bit higher because some prospect(s) are playing higher competition in the bowl game.

anlgp likes this.
  4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    That and there is a long time to hype up some stars so the bigger the hype the bigger the letdown. Also its the last game so the player does not have a chance to make up for it the following week

anlgp likes this.