1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project for School

Discussion in 'Graphics Forum' started by finsincebirth, Oct 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So I have to do a photoshop project for my educational technology class, which I thought would be really cool. That is until I found out I have to use a image that the teacher pics for me...:sad: The image I had to use was a hamburger, so I created the BK Lounge. If any of you listen to one of his old bits was that when he worked at burger king he'd tell girls he worked at the bk lounge to sound cooler.

Anyway here is what I've finished and I wanted to see what you guys think. This is the same photo but one has a brush stroke style to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reason I did two different ones, was mostly because I was bored and wanted to add the brush strokes so it'd be cooler.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    what are the instructions for this project?

3. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    You have to use the image (the burger)

There has to be 5 layers

One has to be text (bk lounge)
    One has to be something we learned in class (i.e the background eraser I used on the burger)
    One has to be something we learned on our own ( i used clone stamp to cover up the old club name)
    One has to be the given image
    Layer 5 can be anything I think( i haven't made layer 5 yet idk what to put)

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    my suggestions (you dont have to use them)

-try to make it look like the burger and the king are part of the image without them just floating in the air. maybe move the king down so that the bottom edge of the king lines up with the bottom of the background photo. the burger could be used in the space where the text is currently at, and mayeb put the text under of around it. just play with it a little.

-use a different font for the text.

-save it as a jpeg or png to improve quality

-i dont like the brush stroke filter. maybe just do that to the background on the wall. i dont think it looks good on the king.

5. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    My goal was to make it look like the king was hung in front of the club and the burger was on the roof, kinda like hard rock. But obviously that failed, so I'll play with it a bit.

Ok

I did save it as a jpeg or atleast I thought, but I used the save it for the web feature. I don't know if that makes a difference. It doesn't matter though, because I turn it in as a psd file so she can see my work.

Honestly I like the way it made the background layer and burger look, but wasn't a fan of how the king looked. I just did it for him to make it uniform. I think I may remove the filter all together.

GISH likes this.