1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Brewing in New York with Favre?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by GridIronKing34, Dec 7, 2008.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Coles not a big Favre fan

Not looking good for the Jets after falling to the 49ers... Hopefully they continue to freefall...

Disnardo likes this.
  2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Favre is the best thing to happen to Miami in a long time.

Getting Pennington was great.

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Is a requisite that to be an NFL receiver you must have an huge ego? What is with these guys?

Disnardo, dolphan117 and anlgp like this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Laverneus hasn't been happy since the release of Pennington, I think that's been clear for those who have followed the Jets this year. Coles said he wasn't a fan of the release of Pennington. In, Favre's first practice with the team, he threw a deep ball toward Laverneus and ended up over-throwing him. A Jets fan then said to Coles, " I bet you Pennington couldn't throw that" - paraphrasing of course - and Coles said, and I quote, "F--- you."

Now, that comment that is quoted in your post (and below) seems like it isn't about the disliking of the release of Pennington. It seems to be about himself and how he doesn't get the ball as well as the spotlight. Favre, the media darling as we all know him to be, is getting all the attention as he always has and Coles doesn't seem to be happy with it.

njfinfan likes this.
  5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Pennington knows how to make WR's look better than they really are. No surprise the Jets WR's aren't too happy.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    it was hilarious going to the ganggreen and reading some of those threads.....good stuff...

seriously tho the jets had under 200 yards....haha ridiculous....they are crumbling...and hopefully they lose @ Seattle in a few weeks....they have been terrible on the west coast this yr!!!!

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I can't blaim him. He and Cotchery were the 1 and 2 WRs. Getting Farve should of been great for them and now he's only throwing dink and dunks to TEs.

8. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    In the end it really makes no difference for Miami however. No matter how poorly the Jets do it would take 2 Jets losses before the week 17 finale in addition to a New England loss against Buffalo or two losses against Oakland and Arizona to reduce the Dolphins number of games to be won to only the next two.

If anything these problems are great for our match-up but until then the rest of the AFC East is really irrelevant to Miami's playoff hopes. Baltimore is likely going to go 10-6. That's a no-go there. Indy's conference record is better than ours and even if they go 10-6 they'll go instead of us.

Point to be made, this forum suddenly became quite a bit less relevant.

9. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I tend to agree with you Alen. This is all about "me" by Coles, nothing more.

10. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't follow Coles, because anyone that has watched Farve play sees this is not his offense, the Jets are not letting Farve air it out, they have him playing a more ball controlled offense.

And what makes no sense is if they wanted to use that offense, even while losing, than they were better off keeping Pennington.

If you have farve, you have to unleash him once in a while.

BleedinGreenNC and dolphan117 like this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    maybe coles should come here....we'll trade them TD the mascot straight up....:shifty:

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Coles had great chemistry with Pennington. He probably also realizes that NY cut their starter and gave up a draft pick to have the same record as Penny's new team. Maybe they'll cut him too and he can come to Miami next season [I know that won't really happen]. I could live with Coles, Ginn, Bess, and Camarillo next season.

13. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Looks like maybe Favre and Coles are having fun that the expense of the media and fans:

Did Favre, Coles cook up Coles' cranky pregame comments? - New York Jets Football - NJ.com

late again likes this.
  14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I'm sure they'll come up with some great practical jokes while they're at home during the playoffs.

SICK, late again and Ronnie Bass like this.
  15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    anlgp likes this.
  16. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Lets not trip over ourselves trying to praise Pennington just yet. He's been awesome here. But we're comparing him to Favre right now. Lets not forget Pennington has had awful seasons and decent seasons. Favre had a bad stretch but also had terrific seasons.

17. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Favre still is the better QB to be sure.Pennington has found a groove for now here.

18. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    But for the WR's and system at hand, I felt Favre was not the right QB. I'm not trying to put Pennington over Favre overall, I'm just saying Pennington was the right QB for their scenario. They have an above-average WR who's lost a step in Coles, an up and down performance guy in Cotchery, and no names for the rest. I don't think Favre at this stage will do well with that set because those WR's are guys you want to ad-lib with.

19. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    nonsense, theres turmoil and trouble in NYC and nothing could make me happier. this is a 12 month sport. the Jets decline transcends just this season. there's the off-seaosn, and will Farve stay or will he go. the Jets draft, and Farve's shananagans that will ensue, after the jets already laid out a second for him, and god knows what for a rookie prospect at qb. their rat coach will be in the hot seat if they fail to make the play-offs. they're In cap hell....for over-paid FAs that didnt make them good enough. that team is in a state or turmoil and it will impact them for years to come.

i wont call this season a failure if we dont make the play-offs. yeah itd be amazing, but im already so proud of how far we've come. and more importantly, im excited about being good for a long damn time. we have the foundation to be a potential dynasty! like the cowboys could have been, had Jones kept Parcell's happy, and shut up and did what he said.

There's 2 things that make my heart swell in the NFL, Dolphins success, and our rivals failures. EVERYONE else is on the decline at this very moment.

muscle979 and fins4o8 like this.
  20. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    i like the way you think, my brother from a different mother. :up:

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  21. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The jets will lose to Seattle.

No way Holmgren loses his final home game.

22. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Favre has had a great career but very few QB's force more throws than Favre. I still don't understand how our d-backs didn't intercept that crappy throw he made against us that was caught for a TD. But that stuff comes back to bite you sooner or later. I still remember last year's final Green Bay playoff game where Favre's pass was intercepted which ended their season.

23. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Your career INT leader, ladies and gentlemen, BRETT FAVRE!

He will kill that team, I have no doubts. To be fair, I dont think they would have done much if any better with Penny. There is still a very good chance they beat us and take the division. But Penny I dont think was a good fit up there. He didnt have the arm to play in that gusty stadium late in the season really, and the fanbase had mostly soured on him. On the flipside, Miami is like "the" ideal place for him to be, a great fit for both teams.

Favre on the other hand is a dynamic QB who can take a team to an upper level, and then totally cause it to disintegrate almost singlehandedly. He is a guy that is still in general a really talented QB, but he is prone to making devastating mistakes because he still thinks of himself as a gunslinger and improvisor, not realizing that right now he has neither the skills nor surrounding cast to make that a reality.

Hopefully, we beat the crap out of them in the last game. I dont know, they still have a solid D and they will be at home, with enormous pressure on everyone. We will see who steps up and takes the win.

FinSane likes this.
  24. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Much better at throwing INT's thats for sure. But hey at least he makes those INTs look GOOD with that gunslinger of an arm! :yes:

25. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Just
    End
    The
    Season

26. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I agree with this. Also, Seattle's stadium is a real pain in the *** to play in. It's by far the loudest and they call it the 12th man over there because it always throws offenses off.

With that said, them losing next week doesn't do anything for us anymore. We have the chokers up in Buffalo to thank for that :tantrum:

27. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    True. The Seattle game is moot if New England wins out.

However:

1. Seattle will be pumped for this game for reasons mentioned above;
    2. The jets have played like crap for 3 weeks in a row; and
    3. They have to travel to the west coast, where they are 0-3.