Probably my last post.......have cancer.

156 repliesLocked

jetssuckjetssuckNew MemberOP
Apr 3, 2012, 08:13 PM

Things have taken a drastic turn for the worst for me lately. Next Tuesday I have an operation to address some tumors on my spine before I'm completely paralyzed. Following that I will be in rehab for about a month and then I've been given anywhere from 3 months to a year to live, depending how the surgery goes.

I made it to 50 years old, have had an amazing family saw man first walk on the moon and saw the Dolphins win 2 Super Bowls, myself being present for 5 home games during the undefeated season. So don't be feeling sorry for me, up until this past year, life has been pretty good to me. I've been 'jetssuck' or 'JS' on forums since the late 90's and have made a lot of friends, I wish a good life and good luck to you all. And keep demanding more from the Dolphins, don't settle for anything less than returning that team to being a legitimate contender. Take care fellas, it's been fun.

JS

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 08:22 PM

Wow, way to make the best out of life man. I hope the best for you and your family.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

USArmyFinFanUSArmyFinFanForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 08:23 PM

Damn brother my thoughts go out to you and your family. No matter how long you live your memory will stay alive here within this family.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 08:25 PM

You have a great attitude. Personally, I believe our journey doesn't end here, but continues on. Best of luck to you.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Apr 3, 2012, 08:28 PM

Hopefully, you get more time to spend with family and friends than they are predicting. best to you and your family man.

testing

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 08:31 PM

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best for as long as you have. Take care.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear that.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 09:10 PM

smile when you finally have peace and think to yourself...

The Jets signed Tebow..

God bless you brother.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Apr 3, 2012, 09:26 PM

Dude wtf??!! Is it ok if I feel sorry for myself? **** man this ****ing sucks..................................

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Apr 3, 2012, 10:00 PM

I'll miss you bro.much love

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

ALalen1New Member
Apr 3, 2012, 10:15 PM

Damn, this is sad. I wish you the best JS. Have always enjoyed your thoughts on the forum and have wondered at times where you were. Unfortunate situation it has proved to be.

LudacrisLudacrisSupporter
Apr 3, 2012, 10:19 PM

Cancer sucks... My prayers are with you JS and I do remember you from posts long before, in forums before these.

I wished I had experienced all those great football moments which you had. To witness perfection with your own eyes must have been fulfilling. All the best!

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Apr 3, 2012, 10:20 PM

Terribly sorry to hear about your situation, and only wish you and your family the best man.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 3, 2012, 11:42 PM

JS excuse me for coming off as a "*****" but I'm literally crying right now. When I was doing my dumb little radio show on the Internet you took off as my producer private messaging the masses asking them to support it. I became a close friend of yours through PM talking about living near Cumberland farms in green acres Florida and speaking about our fins. I know you have been sick for a bit, and I have had many good thoughts extended out to you. I, like raf don't think this will be the end. Good luck with everything bro, regardless how strong you seem to be taking this all, I'm pretty much a blubbering mess right now and I have never even met you in person.

I don't care if this comes off as "soft" or whatever. I have a **** ton of posts on this site, and others, and I have met an incredible amount of people that I truly feel are my friends. JS is at the top of that list. Love ya bro.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Apr 3, 2012, 11:54 PM

I don't give a **** if you know jetssuck or not. Everybody needs to say something he ****ing deserves it.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2012, 12:14 AM

cant have you leaving us bro. it will hurt too much. therefore there is only one thing to do. threaten you. if you die on us, i'll make sure you're buried in a ballerina tutu.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

gunsmithxgunsmithxForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2012, 12:15 AM

I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2012, 12:20 AM

Godspeed my brother.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Apr 4, 2012, 12:24 AM

To borrow a line from Sam Mills, "keep pounding."

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Apr 4, 2012, 12:41 AM

So sorry to hear this terrible news.

May the last days of your life be filled with love, family, joy and peace.

I am not a religious person, but on thing that has always stuck with me throughout life is a simple, biblical saying. You must live day by day.. You never know what tomorrow will bring so it's important to live every day to the fullest and to appreciate this beautiful thing called life.

Whether you have a year, a month or another decade, I wish you luck during this final journey that we all started the second we were born. Godspeed.

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Apr 4, 2012, 12:57 AM

You have a great attitude JS. The ability to be at peace with what you're going through and be appreciative for your life is truly a special thing. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and will truly be missed around here. Enjoy the time you have left, although with that attitude I have no doubt you will.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

banjobanjoNew Member
Apr 4, 2012, 01:20 AM

Keep on keepin' on, my brother. Your focus needs to be on your family and loved ones now. Keep love in your heart. And who knows, maybe after getting caught up in this inner peace, you may find that you have already surpassed the predicted timeline. We're pullin' for ya my man.

Member; Jetssuck fan club

FIfins4o8Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2012, 01:22 AM

I don't know what to say. Sorry to hear about this, Best wishes to you & your family. thanks for being an awesome thephins brother. Keep your head up, my mom survived three bouts of cancer & she is still ticking to this day. Don't ever lose hope. :up:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Apr 4, 2012, 01:34 AM

Brother!

#1 on my prayer list!

Well, maybe #2 after my moms

ANAnonymousSupporter
Apr 4, 2012, 01:34 AM

Don't lose hope man. This is truly a sad situation but I am sure you can over come this obstacle and continue your beautiful life.

Best wishes.

This thread is locked.