1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Bowl Snub

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Dec 18, 2019.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Ok while I’ve made it no secret I don’t give a crap about the Pro Bowl, the Dolphins are one of two teams with no one on this year’s roster. The other being the Giants. I can’t believe we didn’t garner ONE player to be selected.

I say, and of course this is just pure opinion, Matt Haack should have been selected. Haack has consistently been atop the statistical board in punts, yards per punts, pinning opponents inside the 10 yard line and thanks to Miami’s horrendous showing this season, he’s had plenty of punts to put on display.

Not only that, but what other punter has a PERFECT passer rating and the only punter in the league with a touchdown pass?

Cant speak for the Giants and make any argument for them, but we could have had one representing the Dolphins in Orlando

resnor likes this.
  2. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I think if Devante Parker was a bigger name and didnt basically miss two games costing him some stats, he would be arguable as well.

resnor likes this.
  3. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Many times the Pro Bowl is a year or two behind when picking players and having a bad record makes it tougher.It is a popularity contest in many cases.

4. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    More motivation for players next year to play harder.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I don't really think we had anyone get snubbed. We didn't have anyone with a statistically great year, nor do we have a vet at an "obscure" position like DL or G to get in based on past work.

Parker has a shot at going should 2-3 of the main selections at WR decline to participate. Baker as a LB could be an interesting choice too.

6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I mean...if you have to make an argument for the punter when we're talking Pro Bowl, it's really not worth the effort. However, I'd say Sanders kicking 7 field goals in one game should have got him more of a look as well.

Parker and Gisecki were a possibility but their season numbers don't support that. Same goes for our rookie receiver Williams...he was on his way until he got hurt. Howard really hasn't played this season at all. Who else is even worth consideration? Jerome Baker maybe.

On a more positive note, Minkah and Tunsil made it plus Tannehill is an alternate (which means he's in since Lamar Jackson likely won't be). So that's three recent Dolphins and better than we've seen in recent memory. Having your QB in the Pro Bowl is a fairly big deal as well....shame it's not our QB.

Pauly likes this.
  7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    It's not that I was advocating Matt Haack's appointment to the Pro Bowl. I mean, the Pro Bowl isn't a real football game anymore so why not just go ahead and have the touchy touchy feel good of every team being represented?

8. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    :couch: