1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Car Collection

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Crappy Tipper, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    phins17 and calphin like this.
  2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    winner!

[​IMG]

3. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I didn't see too many cars that I wouldn't take the keys to. I wonder what kind of money is tied up in those cars and how much money that dude must have to have a collection like that.

4. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    A true muscle car

[​IMG]

5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I would say that collection is worth,.....$ 3 to 4 million, easy.

6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Heck, I even wish I had a Hot Wheels car collection that big.

PMZQ likes this.
  7. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    good taste man - did you spot the limited edition 5th gen Camaro in there?

quite a chunk for a hobby

PMZQ likes this.
  8. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I have to find mine.....its stuck in the middle bedroom closet. I have a "Hot Wheels" plastic cover case and about 30 to 40 Hot Wheels that must be at least 38-40 years old.

I guess they are worth something, I should try to sell them on EBay I guess. I could give Marty and Mal some more $$$ :wink2:

Regan21286 likes this.
  9. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    It was damn fine, and I don't know why you'd have that many though. Not enough days in the year to take them out and enjoy them.

10. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I used to have one of the black plastic wheels that had the cars going out like spokes. Some of those old hotwheels are worth a small fortune.

If you can find any of your cars go here to check out the value.

11. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    I would say you probably need to multiply your estimate X ten. There are a few cars in that collection that would go for upwards of $1 Million, each!Sent thru Barrett's Auto Auctions, he could probably raise $35 million from that collection!!

Themole and PMZQ like this.
  12. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro...if those cars are numbers matching originals, he passed 3 to 4 mil with like 10 of them.

calphin likes this.
  13. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

Do you think they would take a personal check? I mean if they want to hold 2-3 of the cars until it clears I'm good with that.

Some most certainly are given the meticulous condition they look to be in but I know others are not as exampled by the 58 impala with the LS1 in it - but I'll bet that's a beauty to drive.

A few more pics of his cars

14. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

They are worth way over 3-4 Mil. some of those cars are worth close to a Mil each.

15. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'd sell them all and buy the sweetest guitar and amp combo you've ever seen in your life.

16. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I'll take the cars.:up:

PMZQ and sgtphin like this.
  17. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
  18. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Yeah, but I bet the insurance on them is killing him...

19. anlgp

okay, i lied. I'd keep that LE camero. But that's it.

20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    thats a preposterous private collection.

21. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    wow thats awesome

I heard Leno and Seinfeld have warehouse/hanger of classic cars as well.

22. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I'd settle to have the value of all the tires & rims in my bank account :lol:

seriously? What kind of system are you looking at? Is it this guitar? :up:

Probably has a pretty hefty policy on the lot.

23. anlgp

That is an ugly looking guitar.

It'd be more amp than guitar because I'd probably be able to get all the guitars I want for around a million. Unless I could find a guitar owned by Hendrix.

24. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
    In the Billions...

The garages are like huge warehouses

It's not surprising, therefore, that the Bruneian royals are profligate spenders. But still, no one could be prepared for the sights that await visitors to the multi-billion-pound collection stashed away in the four giant garages and workshop at House Number Five. "The garages are like huge warehouses," says one source, "wall to wall with exotic cars. My jaw hit the ground when I saw them. It can take an hour and a half just to get a certain car out if it's been parked right at the back."

5000 vehicles, all logged onto a central computer system

Around 3000 vehicles reside in the complex, out of a royal collection of 5000 vehicles, all logged onto a central computer system based in the workshop administration centre on the site. If not driven by immediate members of the family, then they are used by the ministers of state, government officials and members of the royal household. But the latest word is that much of the collection is now in mothballs as the Sultan assesses the impact of recent changes in the economic climate.

Rolls-Royce supplied 40 or 50 cars a year to Brunei

"The usual order for anything other than the most unique cars would be for at least six examples, all supplied in different colours," another source claims. Two UK companies have benefited handsomely from the Sultan's munificence: Aston Martin and Rolls-Royce. Aston is believed to have supplied between 200 and 300 cars over a 15-year period, ranging from virtually standard models to customised versions of current cars, such as the Vantage shooting brake and saloon.

Aston has also supplied rolling Vantage chassis to Pininfarina, which has designed and built cars like the AM3 and AM4. Sources estimate the final cost of those machines at 600,000 Pounds, and just two or three of each have been built. Aston also supplied and serviced all the Jaguars on the Brunei fleet after the Coventry-based company refused to send technicians over, bizarrely suggesting the Sultan might like to rely on the local dealer network instead... Rolls-Royce supplied 40 or 50 cars a year to Brunei, mainly for use as government "runabouts". The cars cost up to 450,000 Pounds and have all in recent years featured a special "Sultan spec'" engine. Reliable sources speak of a twin turbocharger set-up and a series of internal mods that deliver a peak torque figure of 712lb ft at 2400rpm and 542bhp at 4500rpm.

Six Ferrari FX models for the Sultan

The Bruneian royals have also spent millions with Italian coachbuilder Pininfarina which, as well as rebodying Aston Martins, has also produced many unique Ferraris. Convertible, coupe and saloon versions of the standard 456 Ferrari (all codenamed Venice) have been produced in limited numbers, mainly for Brunei but also for wealthy customers elsewhere in the world. Pininfarina has also produced at least six Ferrari FX models for the Sultan. Based on 512M running gear, the cars feature manual transmission shifted by a button on the steering wheel, a system developed by Prodrive for its rally cars. It predates Ferrari's own paddle-shift system on the F355 by a couple of years.

The family also owns two fully operational Ferrari Mythos road cars - the Mythos was supposed to be a one-off show concept - but Pininfarina's latest proposal, the Bolide, was turned down.

Under the circumstances, perhaps the Sultan will choose to let the cars rot until Brunei's prospects brighten. And that will be a great time to get into the restoration business...

Crappy Tipper and calphin like this.
  25. mhwolfgang

mhwolfgang New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    He's got good taste. This coming from a long time Chevy salesman

26. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

meh, he's still a sultan of ****, with more cars than roads.

27. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    There certainly were a lot of bow ties in that room.

28. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Wow......got my collection out, and tried to match everything up and its worth at least $ 6,000 ! That is some much needed cash at this very tough time. Thanks for the link bro. :knucks:

cnc66 likes this.
  29. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Why ? Why have that many cars....even as an investment....why ? He is the Sultan of his country, wouldn't that money be better spent making his people's lives easier ? I think His Majesty has misplaced values....

30. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    woo hoo - damn you must have some great cars. That's a chunk of change. Are you going to go ebay with some of them?

PMZQ likes this.
  31. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I might, I gotta check it out, and see what they are selling for over there. I will sit back and watch for a while before taking the plunge.

32. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    shoot some pictures of your "fleet" :hi5: my cousins got all mine.

PMZQ likes this.
  33. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    If you do decide to list them you should post a link to the auction on here (if the powers that be will let it be).

PMZQ likes this.
  34. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

My brother, Calphin, would have a retirement account made up of hot wheels if he had not decided when he was a kid that he needed to create a hot wheel junkyard and put them behind the wheels of my moms car to be smashed when she backed out of the driveway.

cnc66 likes this.
  35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Those are some nice cars, wish I had at least one lol.

OT: How much do you guys think I can get for a Daunte Culpepper signed football? Is there a web address to check it out?

36. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
    Check on Ebay, for a reputable dealer selling them and see what people will pay. I will say the whole collectibles/autograph market is down, I have friends that own a business and run shows and they have done awful lately.

alen1 likes this.
  37. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

.99 cents and half a banana.

Problem with those type of things is that it isn't what it's worth it's what people are willing to pay for it.

I had sold some things on e-bay that I know full well were worth twice as much as they sold for but that's part of the reason places like ebay exist to find bargains so as the seller you need to be aware of that and build your margin into the consideration of what you will take for an item.

But seriously the football itself is probably worth more than his autograph.

alen1 likes this.
  38. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Will do...unfortunately the Hot Wheels Box has some damage to it because years ago, in one of my many moves (from Mom & Dad's to my own apt, to my own condo, back to Mom and Dad's then shared apt with my Roger, then back to Mom's [dad had passed away by then]) I put some duct tape on the box and then of course it got too warm, and stuck, and....well you can guess.

I'll to find time this weekend to get some pics done and uploaded to the net. :up:

39. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    If CNC and others allow it, of course I will.

40. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Great look forward to it. I'm considering digging mine out of storage to see if there are any hidden gem's among them. I was at the in-law's house a couple weeks ago and among the pile of hot wheels my son was playing with was a car that must have been owned by my wives older brother that was worth about 60 bucks.