1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressing questions for the Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Pressing questions for the Miami Dolphins
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Some of these questions are ******ed IMO..but Illa answer all 15.

1. Starks played well at NT last year so why wouldnt he welcome it? He is more than good enough and may even keep the spot after Fergy returns.

2. Our regime LOVES mean and nasty OL so if they are trying to dump Smiley its not to make this team worse? Jerry is a solid young replacment.

3. Im not in the locker room but I sure hope so, he needs to begin to develop repour with his WR's in the offseason. Going on scouting trips with the team to look at WR's tells me he cares about his team.

4. No, I love Ronnie but to say we can count on him is inaccurate.....he just cant stay healthy but if he does he is a top 5 RB in this league.

5. Doesnt matter...Penny's job will be to mentor not throw 5 yard lobs.

6. I think Will Allen is destined for the Nickel.

7. Pat White is NOT A QB? Isnt this obvious?

8. Great question, I reall dont know.

9. Marshall will be fine, he is humbled and WANTS to change his life.

10. Hartline with Bess in the slot....I dont think anyone is unseating those 2.

11. I loved Culver as a nickel and dime CB not sure how good he tackles though.

12. Walden and Torbor are in trouble IMO.

13. I think the team showed confidence in him by NOT drafting a true pass rusher, Nolan feels loke he can mold him into a fine player.

14. Merling likely will not start imo unless Odrick sucks or someone gets hurt.

15. If he does...it wont be for long.

eric likes this.
  3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    If Starks plays the NT position well and Solaii improves then Ferguson may be cut when he comes back, I believe Ferguson's signing was just insurance.
    I think they put Starks at NT because he can get a push in the middle and not just clog it, but i'm not implying Starks is better than Ferguson. If Langford and Merling can take it up a notch we could have a heck of a front three with Odrick manning the other spot.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My big concerns are questions 8 and 11. I think all the others will have favorable answers or just won't be that important either way.

8. Who will become the Dolphins’ primary returner now that Ted Ginn Jr. is gone? Is that player even on the roster? Can anyone (Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Kory Sheets, Ryan Grice-Mullen) provide some special teams sizzle?

11. Will rookie Reshad Jones, veteran Tyrone Culver or second-year safety Chris Clemons become the ideal complement to Yeremiah Bell, or will the Dolphins be forced to add a veteran free safety like OJ Atogwe, Darren Sharper or Ken Hamlin before training camp?

I think the level of the FS play will determine how well we do this year. I really hope that one of the young guys steps in to provide the home run threat on STs that we lost with Ginn, but that isn't as big of an issue as FS.

The question I think he missed was who will step up to be that 2nd TE who can threaten the seam. After FS, I think that is the biggest question without much hope of having the solution on the roster.

5. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010

This blather is something the other teams should speculate about us, and not us about ourselves.

1. Smiley + nagging injuries = Rich Incognito, and John Jerry.
    2. Last year was Henne's virgin year and his growth was incredible. This year - LOOK OUT!
    3. When Marshall, Dansby and Jones learn the ropes they will lead their corps to perfection

After this year we will need one more solid draft and we will be Superbowl ready

6. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    I think Starks could be better than Ferguson. We didn't lose anything with him at NT, except his presence at DT. I think if Merling improves (I am hopeful) and Odrick is the real deal, along with Langford and Soliai, we have a very solid Dline. I really think Merling is the only question mark. Everyone else is outstanding.

7. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    Incognito and Jerry > Smiley, IMO. We now have two guys who will play with a "bad attitude". Not only will they block people, but they will beat them up.

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I fear not. Hope so, but fear not.

If Allen is healthy and the other two step it up, we will have a really good DB field.