1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Ordering from Amazon

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by High Definition, Apr 6, 2008.

1. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Has anyone ever pre-ordered a video game or movie from Amazon? I'm just curious because I have Amazon Prime and there a few games I'd rather pre-order from Amazon than Game Stop, and I buy all of my Blu-Rays from there so I may as well go that route as well.

Do they ship to arrive on the release date, or after?

2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Online outlets can generally ship games on their ship date. This is usually the day before the release date. So depending on the type of shipping you selected, you could get the game with everyone else.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    To be honest. I have had VERY bad luck with Amazon. I bought a couple of things from them, including a nice Biking helmet...they told me it would be shipped within 5 days.....42 days later......I finally recieved it.

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I've had really good luck and really bad luck. I've had some things arrive in like 2 days and others in like... 14 days.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I've had nothing but good luck with amazon. Even if I get a book late, it's a book I can go without. Not sure what the answer to your question is though king......

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I have great luck with Amazon on CD's. If you pre-order them usually you save money. I think they ship on or before the release date.:wink2: The one time they shipped it three day shipping, when it was supposed to be two day, and they took off the shipping all together.:up:

7. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I received preordered DVD's in Iraq either on the release date or the day after. and EVERYTHING I ordered from Amazon (which was a butt load of crap) arrived in Baghdad between 6-8 days after it was ordered. EVERYTHING

8. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Can't lose with Amazon pre-ordering; if the price goes up, you sytill get the good price...if it goes down, you get the better price.

They ship generally to arrive a day after their street date.

Prime rocks.

9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    It's been hit or miss for me. I've had times it came in a day early (MGS3 Subsistence) and other times where it comes in 2 weeks later (Halo 3).

10. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Only experience i have with preordering on Amazon is indirect. Had a friend preorder a dvd and he got a couple days early.

11. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I have 8 Blu-Rays and all of them were ordered with Amazon Prime's free 2-day shipping. 2 days max, sometimes I get them overnight. The one issue I've ever had was with I Am Legend. After 3-4 days, I called them, and they checked with UPS and it was lost. Customer Service, without any questions or anything of that sort, immediately added a new copy of I Am Legend to my cart with free 1-day shipping. But damn, that sucks......you should give them another try, though. Amazon Prime beats the hell out of Best Buy's Reward Zone.

I order from Amazon like crazy. Tons of free $25 gift cards. :up:

I was just curious about the pre-ordering, because the Game Stop near me usually runs out of games on the first day, and Best Buy's prices for Blu-Rays are horrific. Thanks for the replies.

I'll try my first pre-order with Batman Begins [Blu]