1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed Please

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by njfinfan, Nov 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    Great news Mary!

njfinfan likes this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Excellent news Miss Mary, and I wish I could give Thanks from my Mobile (Note to Mal and George :up:).

Good things continue to happen to good people!
    I haven't forgotten what you and I last PM'd about, I just haven't seen that same opportunity recently, but keeping my eyes open, and of course the thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Kenny

njfinfan likes this.
  3. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Excellent news Mary. The Lord is also bound and determined to keep you in that house. :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Michael. How are you and Kristine doing? Good to hear from you. OT: You going to be in town for the draft party at Mike's?

5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Kenny my friend. Funny you should mention that - I was thinking about that the other day. Thanks, also, for keeping your eyes open. Even though Chris is only making half what he used to, he loves the job and, especially, his boss. He calls me every morning after his boss picks him up and the boss and I say to each other "morning dear" (boss is happily married with 5 teenage girls :no:) - so he feels wanted and happy, which makes me ecstatic. Are you and mama in Texas already?

dolphindebby and azfinfanmang like this.
  6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Kev! I think I agree with you! :up:

7. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I will try to remember to modify that template when I have a little bit of time. :knucks:

8. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Great news Mary! Hope it keeps going!

njfinfan likes this.
  9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeeh haw and y'all come back now, yhear :wink2:

Time? I thought you invented Time :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  10. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Mary, these are great news. I respect your resilience in your dire straights, and I believe that ultimately, good things come to those who pursue them. Keep up the pressing politicians, the banks, whoever. Someone higher than I is looking out for you, yet you keep taking the steps to protect your family. Proactive action is so crucial in your situation. May you continue to get great news.

dolphindebby, njfinfan and alen1 like this.
  11. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks so much Lisa. I truly appreciate your support. I respect you immensely. I felt that I couldn't not be as proactive as I needed to. Sitting back and waiting for phone calls to just come in was not going to help us and I felt that both of us having worked for years and years and paid into the system, that we didn't deserve to be treated like this. And, yes, quite frankly, I got angry and told Chris I'm not just going to sit here. I'm going to go meet with and call everyone I can to get them involved in trying to stop putting a hopeful and happy family out on the streets.

HolliFinFan likes this.
  12. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Very glad to hear the housing news Mary, I haven't prayed for you as much as I should but I definitely think of your situation from time to time and had been hoping things were moving in a better direction.

njfinfan likes this.
  13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Hope, support, thinking of us, praying for us - all the same to me. Thank you very much. It's been a rough ride, but all of you guys' support means the world to us and now that hubby is working, he's actually thinking (when it gets to 1 year, hopefully he doesn't get downsized again before that) about relocating to Florida, since the company he works for has an office down in Pembroke Pines.

alen1 and dolphan117 like this.
  14. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    So glad Chris is happy in his job. That's 99% of the battle in the work place.
    I had no doubt you'd hang in there and get it done girl. I only have smart, witty, good and highly intelligent friends.:up: Oh, and Dolphin fans as well!
    My prayers are always with you, Chris and the girls. :hi5:
    Love ya!

njfinfan likes this.
  15. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Deb!

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    hope all is well nj. Keep your head up

njfinfan likes this.
  17. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Lucky.

18. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Hey Mary. I hope you got my P.M. :)

njfinfan likes this.
  19. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Hi Scott. Yes, thanks for the PM - I had Chris read it and he said thank you very much as well. Family here is overwhelming and we know we have someone (you and others) we can count on.

Sceeto likes this.
  20. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Here's the latest and I'm posting this in case some of you are in need of heating oil and live in the covered areas.

Well, it appears that someone is still looking down and watching out for us. We were running low on heating oil (it runs about 2.50/gal right now) and I saw a commercial about "Joe 4 Oil" where their motto is "no one should be left out in the cold" which captured my attention. I went to their website - www.citizensenergy.com on Friday and applied for oil heat (not even really thinking about whether we would qualify or not. At the very least, I thought we would have to have a face to face meeting or interview with someone.)

Received a phone call this morning asking for Miss Mary. I advised them it was me and a very nice voice said "Joe asked me to call you and deliver to you 200 gallons of heating oil - I'll be there this morning." You could have knocked me over with a feather - I couldn't believe it. He just left and the paper I signed said that we just received $450 worth of heating oil for free. And before he left he said, "we'll be calling you about once a month hon, this isn't a one time thing." So many, many caring people in this world when all we really hear about are the bad.

21. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Wow. I am floored. What a great thing to do. I've just about lost all hope in humanity, this restored quite a bit of it.

PMZQ and njfinfan like this.
  22. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    It really does restore your faith in humanity Opie. I'm hoping that we can contribute next time instead of receive.

PMZQ, dolphindebby and opfinistic like this.
  23. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You contribute a lot, my dear friend.
    Doesn't pray bring out the best in people when we least expect it?
    We received a check from out county for help with our gas. Right at the right time.
    His miracles never cease to amaze me.
    I've started on the program Kev is sending me, finally. I pray that it helps like it did him and chris. Why don't you use it? So far, I love the teachings in it.

You take care love, my prayers are always with you and Chris. And your girls of course.

PMZQ and njfinfan like this.
  24. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Deb. You rock - when I mentioned contribute, I meant monetarily! :lol: But I love you for thinking that. I'm so glad you got money for gas - when I saw that citizensenergy doesn't cover GA, I was worried. I actually am doing Lucinda's program with Chris. It's awesome. Thanks for the prayers, Hopefully, things will continue to get brighter for us. We love you guys. Meghan started the violin yesterday in school, btw. She loves it and she actually sounds pretty good for a first time (how's that for a biased mom) - even though I'm making her practice in the basement. :lol: I told the teacher yesterday, when we were in elementary school, we had to buy our instruments. Not so now, I guess, she got it loaned to her from the school free.

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's freaking awesome! Got me all excited and put a smile on my face. Hopefully good things will keep coming you and your family's way mrs. Mary!

like2god and njfinfan like this.
  26. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Alen! With all you guys' support, things couldn't get worse, could they? I hope not.

alen1 likes this.
  27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    My mom always says "bice bolje" when something isn't good. "Bice bolje" means 'it'll be better' in Bosnian. :up:

anlgp, azfinfanmang and njfinfan like this.
  28. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    This is the way a good business should operate IMO. If I lived in that area, and I was aware of their good faith policies, I would purchase from them. I hope that their deeds are not unrecognized. I remember the recession of the 70s, when I was a kid. The difference then was that pretty much everyone was struggling. We are currently quickly separating economically, with the middle class at great risk. Mary, this story might make you laugh. To add to the recession during that time, my father had surgery and for a few months any extras were even rarer than before. My mother apologized to me one night for serving "hamburger helper" again for dinner, and told me my aunt was bringing a ham for Sunday dinner. I didn't mind--I loved that high sodium hamburger helper :lol: I told my mom it was fine, because the kids next door only got hot dogs every night, and I felt sorry for them. One night, my dad offered to take the four kids out for hot dogs so my mom could have a break, and my mom (she was really stressed during those times), yelled, "NO HOT DOGS!" We all thought she was nutty. As an adult, I now realize that she thought that would mean we were really in dire straights. :hi5:

29. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That's a very noble program. I'm glad you were able to get some free heating oil.

njfinfan likes this.
  30. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Great news Mary, the Lord blesses us in so many ways. He is the Great one, the Immortal one, and the Great I AM. Holy is His name so that we can live to glorify His love for us, by His gift to us, in the form of Jesus Christ.

All my love to you Mary and to you Sister Debby. I hope that the Lord heals and blesses both of you special, special ladies. :up:

31. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I knew what you meant. But some times it's the other things that bring the joy and helpfullness to others. Like your friendship to me.
    Man, I hope neither of the grandgirls want to take music lessons, I may have to move far, far away:yes:. Just kidding. Bing can sing so can Mo, but we can't get them to in church.

njfinfan likes this.
  32. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Kev. Hope you're feeling a little bit better today and I hope you know how special you are to us too. :up:

dolphindebby likes this.
  33. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :knucks:

Wow that brings back memories. I remember being so embarrassed when I was young and at church with mom. She used to sing the hymns so loud and God Bless her, she couldn't carry a tone. When I grew up, that changed though.

dolphindebby likes this.
  34. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks - I agree. We were very blessed to be the recipients of many selfless people's donations. Our tank is huge - holds 550 gallons - and to fill it would have been well over $1,000. To get 200 gals at no cost was a godsend and will keep us in heat and hot water for quite some time (as long as the weather in Jersey stays warmer - it's 65 right now, thank goodness). That's a conundrum - need to put the heat on to get hot water to wash dishes, but don't want the heat on cause it's 65 degrees. :no:

Regan21286 and dolphindebby like this.
  35. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Hey Mary! On a side note, I think that's awesome about your daughter playing violin. I'm a musician myself.(guitar and some piano) and I think music and playing an instrument can be great for someone to learn. Even if they don't become professional musicians it still can open up their world and mind to so many different things. It can open one up to art and culture, which in turn can open up their minds for discovering other dreams, goals or pursuits. In can open them up to meeting many different kinds of people and cultures to see the "world outside" so to speak. I hope she keeps it up. On the other hand, it can make you not get a job, sit in your basement all day doing drugs and making noise.. :D Ha! Ha! Just kidding. Hope for the former. :) Anyway...just thought I'd share. Be well.

njfinfan likes this.
  36. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Be glad she didn't take up the drums. ;)

njfinfan likes this.
  37. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :up:

38. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    Not likely, always conflicts with my father's birthday, but if we move the party I'll be there.

njfinfan likes this.
  39. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    And, as usual, Mary always forgets about dad's birthday. Happy Birthday!

40. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Everyone please say a prayer for our little puppy Bean. She's 4 years old - thinks she's a big old dog - was running outside today and broke her left hind leg. I'm sure you've all seen pics of her. She's adorable but a character. Thanks all - love you.