Prayers Needed Please

414 replies

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 2, 2008, 05:48 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Hows everything going Mrs. Mary?

Thanks so much for asking Alen. You are very kind indeed. Things are going well as far as the job front. We will keep praying that we'll find somewhere to live before they sell our house in January, or we're going to be in some more trouble. I truly appreciate the care and concern you guys express for us here and continue to keep everyone in my prayers, as well. This is truly a caring community and I'm better because of the fellowship here.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

ALalen1New Member
Dec 2, 2008, 05:50 PM

I wish you the best in finding a home. Thank you for updating us on a personal situation, greatly appreciated.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 2, 2008, 06:24 PM

"alen1 wrote:

I wish you the best in finding a home. Thank you for updating us on a personal situation, greatly appreciated.

Of course Alen. Thanks.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Dec 2, 2008, 07:21 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Thanks so much for asking Alen. You are very kind indeed. Things are going well as far as the job front. We will keep praying that we'll find somewhere to live before they sell our house in January, or we're going to be in some more trouble. I truly appreciate the care and concern you guys express for us here and continue to keep everyone in my prayers, as well. This is truly a caring community and I'm better because of the fellowship here.

You know you have my prayers girl. Just hang in there.
Good to see you post. I've been missing you.

ALalen1New Member
Dec 14, 2008, 11:05 AM

Hope everything is alright with you Mrs. Mary and your family.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Dec 14, 2008, 12:54 PM

We're all still pulling for you. :up:

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 16, 2008, 01:00 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

We're all still pulling for you. :up:

Thank you very much Alen and Opie for thinking of us. Things are not going very well right now. We're just about 3 weeks away from the bank selling our house and evicting us. I've tried every search to find some law that says you can't evict a family with kids in the dead of winter and can't find one, though I can't understand why a bank would even want to do that. Hubby is working but won't get paid for another two weeks and, because the pay is so much lower than what he used to make, it won't be enough to pay the mortgage off. My girls have been troopers, though, and I'm very proud of them. We couldn't afford a Christmas tree this year and certainly can't afford presents. I do have some books for them from freecycle.org but haven't been able to find anything else. They told me not to worry and that as long as we're all together, they don't need anything else. It's weird not having a decorated house for the holidays. Need your prayers more than ever now. You guys all rock and we love you all.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Dec 16, 2008, 01:13 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

Thank you very much Alen and Opie for thinking of us. Things are not going very well right now. We're just about 3 weeks away from the bank selling our house and evicting us. I've tried every search to find some law that says you can't evict a family with kids in the dead of winter and can't find one, though I can't understand why a bank would even want to do that. Hubby is working but won't get paid for another two weeks and, because the pay is so much lower than what he used to make, it won't be enough to pay the mortgage off. My girls have been troopers, though, and I'm very proud of them. We couldn't afford a Christmas tree this year and certainly can't afford presents. I do have some books for them from freecycle.org but haven't been able to find anything else. They told me not to worry and that as long as we're all together, they don't need anything else. It's weird not having a decorated house for the holidays. Need your prayers more than ever now. You guys all rock and we love you all.

Damn, Mary, you're breaking my heart. Sounds like you've got some great kids there, I don't know if I would have been so understanding as a child, I hope so, but who knows? No way to work out partial payments on the mortgage? Banks are so GD impersonal these days that it's hard to appeal to the basic human decency of a bank official, especially when the guy/gal who handles your account could be across the country. :pity: I wish you the best and keep praying for a little sunshine through this rainy spot. You will overcome and come out swinging on the other side.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 16, 2008, 01:18 PM

My girls are incredible and they're only 11 and 13. I had ome beautiful decorations last year and had accumulated them over the years. Then last year, not knowing we'd be in the situation we're in now, I donated everything to a woman who lives in East Orange who had nothing for her little girl who was 2 at the time. I thought to myself "no way should a 2 year old be without a Christmas tree and decorations, and I can easily replace these next year." Chris was still on unemployment and we had no idea he'd be out of work this long. At least they went to a good cause. Thank you for pulling for us. And no, no way to work out payments - they want everything that's back due. They're going for the jugular here, for whatever reason.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Dec 16, 2008, 01:33 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

My girls are incredible and they're only 11 and 13. I had ome beautiful decorations last year and had accumulated them over the years. Then last year, not knowing we'd be in the situation we're in now, I donated everything to a woman who lives in East Orange who had nothing for her little girl who was 2 at the time. I thought to myself "no way should a 2 year old be without a Christmas tree and decorations, and I can easily replace these next year." Chris was still on unemployment and we had no idea he'd be out of work this long. At least they went to a good cause. Thank you for pulling for us. And no, no way to work out payments - they want everything that's back due. They're going for the jugular here, for whatever reason.

:angry:

ALalen1New Member
Dec 16, 2008, 02:59 PM

:sad:

Hope it manages to get better.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Dec 16, 2008, 07:24 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

My girls are incredible and they're only 11 and 13. I had ome beautiful decorations last year and had accumulated them over the years. Then last year, not knowing we'd be in the situation we're in now, I donated everything to a woman who lives in East Orange who had nothing for her little girl who was 2 at the time. I thought to myself "no way should a 2 year old be without a Christmas tree and decorations, and I can easily replace these next year." Chris was still on unemployment and we had no idea he'd be out of work this long. At least they went to a good cause. Thank you for pulling for us. And no, no way to work out payments - they want everything that's back due. They're going for the jugular here, for whatever reason.

Mary, you are so kind and dear, I just know things will get better for you.
The kindness you showed that lady and all the kindness and support you've given me and the rest here at thephins, will come back in great blessings for you and your family. I firmly believe that.
I'm praying daily for you guys, plus, I know you're made of strong stuff, like me, and you'll get through this with your strength and dignity intact.
Hold fast, my friend, I'm here!
Luv,
Deb

loved the pic of your dog! :wink2:

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Dec 17, 2008, 01:51 AM

We can give CEOs 4 billion dollar "retention bonuses" at taxpayer expense but cant give any money to help out people in danger of losing homes?

Im not a welfare person, I believe in making in your own destiny and all that, but there needs to be a better safety net out there for people who really have come on unfortunate times and are trying to get back up but being turned down around almost every corner.

And to the scrooges at the mortgage holder, just insane. At the least would another 2-3 months kill them? Ugh, human nature at its finest there.

Prayers and best wishes to your family, I truly hope something will materialize for you all, keep up your spirits and keep looking, may something come up for you all!

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 20, 2008, 02:56 PM

An update on our situation.

I have a bit of good news on the homefront. I've been contacting, with the help of great member Xiidaen and at his suggestion, my local media and my local legislators. I got a call yesterday from the scheduler for Assemblyman Albert Coutinho. She said that she was going to check with him but as far as she knew the State of New Jersey had cancelled ALL foreclosures for the months of December, January and February. She's going to verify it and call me back on Monday morning, but said that even if that's not the case, there's no way the Assemblyman would allow a family in his district to be put out of their home in winter. Really nice girl. So there's a little bit of stress gone - actually ALOT of stress. Keep your fingers crossed all and thanks for all your support.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Dec 20, 2008, 03:22 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

An update on our situation.

I have a bit of good news on the homefront. I've been contacting, with the help of great member Xiidaen and at his suggestion, my local media and my local legislators. I got a call yesterday from the scheduler for Assemblyman Albert Coutinho. She said that she was going to check with him but as far as she knew the State of New Jersey had cancelled ALL foreclosures for the months of December, January and February. She's going to verify it and call me back on Monday morning, but said that even if that's not the case, there's no way the Assemblyman would allow a family in his district to be put out of their home in winter. Really nice girl. So there's a little bit of stress gone - actually ALOT of stress. Keep your fingers crossed all and thanks for all your support.

That is good news. Hopefully, it can stay that way. My fingers are crossed here.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 20, 2008, 03:30 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

That is good news. Hopefully, it can stay that way. My fingers are crossed here.

Thank you very much!

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

ALalen1New Member
Dec 20, 2008, 03:32 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

An update on our situation.

I have a bit of good news on the homefront. I've been contacting, with the help of great member Xiidaen and at his suggestion, my local media and my local legislators. I got a call yesterday from the scheduler for Assemblyman Albert Coutinho. She said that she was going to check with him but as far as she knew the State of New Jersey had cancelled ALL foreclosures for the months of December, January and February. She's going to verify it and call me back on Monday morning, but said that even if that's not the case, there's no way the Assemblyman would allow a family in his district to be put out of their home in winter. Really nice girl. So there's a little bit of stress gone - actually ALOT of stress. Keep your fingers crossed all and thanks for all your support.

That is awesome! Makes me very happy. As Regan said, hopefully it stays that way. Thank you for keeping us updated mrs. Mary.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 20, 2008, 03:38 PM

Thanks Alen. You all rock!

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2008, 04:12 PM

"njfinfan wrote:

An update on our situation.

I have a bit of good news on the homefront. I've been contacting, with the help of great member Xiidaen and at his suggestion, my local media and my local legislators. I got a call yesterday from the scheduler for Assemblyman Albert Coutinho. She said that she was going to check with him but as far as she knew the State of New Jersey had cancelled ALL foreclosures for the months of December, January and February. She's going to verify it and call me back on Monday morning, but said that even if that's not the case, there's no way the Assemblyman would allow a family in his district to be put out of their home in winter. Really nice girl. So there's a little bit of stress gone - actually ALOT of stress. Keep your fingers crossed all and thanks for all your support.

That's great Mary. I'll keep my prayers going up for you guys.
Hold Fast!!!
Love,
Debby

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 20, 2008, 05:00 PM

"dolphindebby wrote:

That's great Mary. I'll keep my prayers going up for you guys.
Hold Fast!!!
Love,
Debby

Thanks for all your support Deb. We love you right back. :knucks:

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

Dec 20, 2008, 08:33 PM

May it be so!

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2008, 05:48 AM

The prayers must be working everyone - keep them coming. Late yesterday afternoon, hubby received his first paycheck and an extra delight we were unaware was coming - a check for extended unemployment benefits. It's going to be a little bit brighter this Christmas. Not out of the woods yet, but starting the climb.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

Dec 21, 2008, 06:03 AM

"njfinfan wrote:

The prayers must be working everyone - keep them coming. Late yesterday afternoon, hubby received his first paycheck and an extra delight we were unaware was coming - a check for extended unemployment benefits. It's going to be a little bit brighter this Christmas. Not out of the woods yet, but starting the climb.

Continued good news. Have a great Sunday, Mary and all your family.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2008, 06:07 AM

Thank you Keith. I truly have lots to be thankful for and will be voicing that thanks a little later on at Mass.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Dec 21, 2008, 11:06 AM

Awesome news! I knew that folks as good as you would come out ahead. Looks like the road ahead is getting easier! Keep on praying for you all!