1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed Please

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by njfinfan, Nov 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    We're all still pulling for you. :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you very much Alen and Opie for thinking of us. Things are not going very well right now. We're just about 3 weeks away from the bank selling our house and evicting us. I've tried every search to find some law that says you can't evict a family with kids in the dead of winter and can't find one, though I can't understand why a bank would even want to do that. Hubby is working but won't get paid for another two weeks and, because the pay is so much lower than what he used to make, it won't be enough to pay the mortgage off. My girls have been troopers, though, and I'm very proud of them. We couldn't afford a Christmas tree this year and certainly can't afford presents. I do have some books for them from freecycle.org but haven't been able to find anything else. They told me not to worry and that as long as we're all together, they don't need anything else. It's weird not having a decorated house for the holidays. Need your prayers more than ever now. You guys all rock and we love you all.

3. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Damn, Mary, you're breaking my heart. Sounds like you've got some great kids there, I don't know if I would have been so understanding as a child, I hope so, but who knows? No way to work out partial payments on the mortgage? Banks are so GD impersonal these days that it's hard to appeal to the basic human decency of a bank official, especially when the guy/gal who handles your account could be across the country. :pity: I wish you the best and keep praying for a little sunshine through this rainy spot. You will overcome and come out swinging on the other side.

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    My girls are incredible and they're only 11 and 13. I had ome beautiful decorations last year and had accumulated them over the years. Then last year, not knowing we'd be in the situation we're in now, I donated everything to a woman who lives in East Orange who had nothing for her little girl who was 2 at the time. I thought to myself "no way should a 2 year old be without a Christmas tree and decorations, and I can easily replace these next year." Chris was still on unemployment and we had no idea he'd be out of work this long. At least they went to a good cause. Thank you for pulling for us. And no, no way to work out payments - they want everything that's back due. They're going for the jugular here, for whatever reason.

5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :angry:

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :sad:

Hope it manages to get better.

njfinfan likes this.
  7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Mary, you are so kind and dear, I just know things will get better for you.
    The kindness you showed that lady and all the kindness and support you've given me and the rest here at thephins, will come back in great blessings for you and your family. I firmly believe that.
    I'm praying daily for you guys, plus, I know you're made of strong stuff, like me, and you'll get through this with your strength and dignity intact.
    Hold fast, my friend, I'm here!
    Luv,
    Deb

loved the pic of your dog! :wink2:

njfinfan likes this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    We can give CEOs 4 billion dollar "retention bonuses" at taxpayer expense but cant give any money to help out people in danger of losing homes?

Im not a welfare person, I believe in making in your own destiny and all that, but there needs to be a better safety net out there for people who really have come on unfortunate times and are trying to get back up but being turned down around almost every corner.

And to the scrooges at the mortgage holder, just insane. At the least would another 2-3 months kill them? Ugh, human nature at its finest there.

Prayers and best wishes to your family, I truly hope something will materialize for you all, keep up your spirits and keep looking, may something come up for you all!

9. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    An update on our situation.

I have a bit of good news on the homefront. I've been contacting, with the help of great member Xiidaen and at his suggestion, my local media and my local legislators. I got a call yesterday from the scheduler for Assemblyman Albert Coutinho. She said that she was going to check with him but as far as she knew the State of New Jersey had cancelled ALL foreclosures for the months of December, January and February. She's going to verify it and call me back on Monday morning, but said that even if that's not the case, there's no way the Assemblyman would allow a family in his district to be put out of their home in winter. Really nice girl. So there's a little bit of stress gone - actually ALOT of stress. Keep your fingers crossed all and thanks for all your support.

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That is good news. Hopefully, it can stay that way. My fingers are crossed here.

11. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you very much!

Regan21286 likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That is awesome! Makes me very happy. As Regan said, hopefully it stays that way. Thank you for keeping us updated mrs. Mary.

13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Alen. You all rock!

alen1 likes this.
  14. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    That's great Mary. I'll keep my prayers going up for you guys.
    Hold Fast!!!
    Love,
    Debby

njfinfan likes this.
  15. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks for all your support Deb. We love you right back. :knucks:

16. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

May it be so!

njfinfan likes this.
  17. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    The prayers must be working everyone - keep them coming. Late yesterday afternoon, hubby received his first paycheck and an extra delight we were unaware was coming - a check for extended unemployment benefits. It's going to be a little bit brighter this Christmas. Not out of the woods yet, but starting the climb.

PMZQ, opfinistic and Ohiophinphan like this.
  18. Ohiophinphan

Continued good news. Have a great Sunday, Mary and all your family.

njfinfan likes this.
  19. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you Keith. I truly have lots to be thankful for and will be voicing that thanks a little later on at Mass.

20. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Awesome news! I knew that folks as good as you would come out ahead. Looks like the road ahead is getting easier! Keep on praying for you all!

njfinfan likes this.
  21. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :bighug: Thanks Opie!

opfinistic likes this.
  22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Hope everything is getting better with you and your family mrs. Mary.

PMZQ and njfinfan like this.
  23. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Alen. We've had an outpouring of support since I got so many involved. We were referred to Assemblywoman Grace Spencer of Newark and she was able to get an adjournment from the Essex County Sheriff on the date to sell the house until January 20th, and plans to continue getting adjournments for us until warmer weather arrives. She says she can get us as many as we need. Also, the local news station did a story on it and the economy in general and we had contact from a local businessman who said if worst comes to worst he'll buy the house and then rent it to us. Thinks are looking up. :up: Thanks everyone.

24. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Mary, what can I say. I read this thread and feel like a jerk getting all upset at someone "insulting me" in another thread. :pity:

Girl, glad to see some things are working out for you, and that they keep getting better and better. These are indeed scary times, but the Lord will always provide for you. Keep Him close to your heart, and keep your faith strong. :up:

Ohiophinphan and njfinfan like this.
  25. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Kev. Have no plans not to keep Him close to our heart - all you guys' prayers are truly working. And on this journey we've been on, there was always one thing that I wanted from Chris and that was for him to start going to Church with us, which he's never done in all our married years. Since he believes so strongly that because of everyone's prayers our road is getting easier, he started going. :knucks:

Ohiophinphan and PMZQ like this.
  26. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Praise God Mary.
    I'm so happy for you, Chris & the girls.
    Aren't prayers wonderful. I knew God wanted the best for you.
    I'm so glad I can't stand it.
    Love you my wonderful friend.
    Debby

njfinfan likes this.
  27. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    We love you right back Deb. Thank you and everyone else for all your support and prayers. :bighug:

28. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Totally awesome ! :up: :up: :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That put a huge smile on my face! I'm very happy for you! Hopefully things keep getting better and better. :up:

dolphindebby, njfinfan and PMZQ like this.
  30. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

This story is gettin awesome.

dolphindebby, njfinfan and PMZQ like this.
  31. Ohiophinphan

Great news Mary.

32. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Great news indeed, my friend!
    :yahoo:

njfinfan likes this.
  33. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Okay - another update guys and gals. I felt compelled to let you guys know what's going on since you've been so supportive. If I'm being a pain in the neck...well, too bad. :lol: We received another adjournment letter today that gives us some more time - February 13th. We also received a call from the Department of Community Relations. They're scheduling an appointment for us with a company that lends you money to bring your mortgage current and/or pay off the house completely, depending upon your circumstances. We're also in contact with that business man constantly so that if things don't work out, he'll buy the house. Thanks again for all you guys' support. We love you all.

alen1, like2god, Ohiophinphan and 4 others like this.
  34. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :woot:

35. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Mary its all gonna work out for ya. :wink2:

njfinfan likes this.
  36. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    It's all going to be ok girl.
    Every one at my church keeps asking about you and how you're doing. They all have you in their prayers.
    Just Hold Fast!!
    Love,
    Deb

njfinfan likes this.
  37. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank goodness you have some good news to report to them girl. Please tell them thank you from the bottom of our hearts. What a blessing to have these utter strangers praying and asking about us. The Lord does, indeed, work in mysterious, but good, ways.

Love you too.

us

38. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I sure will tell them. I've told them about them stepping in etc. so you don't have to move.
    They all ask "How's your friend from New Jersey doing"? I tell them fine and to keep praying. :up:
    Love Ya,
    Deb

njfinfan likes this.
  39. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That's good news! Though that is Friday the 13th. :lol: Hopefully you'll have better luck on those days than I have.

njfinfan likes this.
  40. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I sure hope we will. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts! Dare I ask what happened to you on Friday the 13th?