1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Game Locker Room Speech

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Dec 2, 2013.

1. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    All Philbin does is look off a card every time like he doesn't know what to say. :huh1:

finyank13 and Bpk like this.
  2. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Or he takes notes of things he considers to be critical and doesnt want to miss anything? Its not like hes a bad public speaker.

Ophinerated, SICK, Paul 13 and 8 others like this.
  3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Wished Philbin had tore into their asses for not playing that dominant all damn season. He should have lit a fire under them them for not doing this against the bills or pats or panthers. All games we should have put away and won.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Confidence is a real factor in this game of football and performance..to seemingly start to peak that confidence in December is what you want from your team as a coach.

VT made a point about Ryan and seeing him on his toes, looking back, there are times where you will see the Qb bouncing then firing..that to me signals he's seeing things more confidently..aqua made a point about how he kept both hands on the ball when he made a juke out of the pocket, that play where he ran for 19 yards was a pretty little escape route to get him in the open field..that's confidence..

Mike Wallace was in the locker room stating that he " knows he's a great player."...he wouldn't talk junk on anyone, just said that learning time is over and that it's time to play ball.

For the third week in a row I saw a defense that can shut down an offense..while gaining more and more confidence..a gradual ascension of confidence., shut down pretty much phillip rivers who was playing well coming in, and started playing well after he left, shut down newton from the pocket, and shout out the jet qbs...

Should be three and 0 in our last 3, but unfortunately newtons legs killed us, however it's obvious to me that's the only thing any of those teams could of done to beat us..

If we can get this win on the road against the steelers...all BS goes away, all the accolades are right there in front of them.. As fans, here we are, a week in December that matters, can we do it is the question?... I think we're gelling as a team, I think we're feeling good about ourselves, I think our defense knows they can play at a high level, I think the offense is starting to play with better tempo, Im seeing confidence brewing at the right time..

DolfanTom likes this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm meh on Philbin, to be honest. Jets beat themselves as much as anything. Steelers coming off a division loss need to win next week.

And is it just me, or does Ross look lost and dopey much of the time?

Anyways, glad we beat the Jets. Hate that team. Dislike the fanbase. A good Monday :)

finyank13 likes this.
  6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Don't know why Philbin needs the cards anymore. He always says the exact same thing. "That was a great team win, all three sides of the ball" "That was the definition of a team win. Good job in all three phases". <looks at card> "Great team win today guys. All three phases played well"

toto, LBsFinest, Colmax and 2 others like this.
  7. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    He didn't seem like he was all that fired up this time around like other postgame speeches.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I know your down on the whole franchise bud, but if we beat the steelers, I'm gonna need you to come back.

Bpk likes this.
  9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I could see using the cards to remind him of something important he wants to say, but I've yet to hear anything. The players look like it's something they have to do (standing there).

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Building off of a win, every week getting bigger and going on the road and beating Pitt being a challenge is so critical that he has to write it down? Seems like common sense no?

11. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Take a shot everytime he says, "That was a team win"

Bpk likes this.
  12. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Dawn Aponte is telling him what to say.

Bpk likes this.
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    I figure if he managed himself well enough to purchase a football team, he must at least have a clue.

Yeah Philbin's speech was not particularly inspiring, but then again, last time he said "Hell of a team!!!!" we lost 4 in a row. He's not making a big deal over 1 win - that's good. We need 3 more wins at least, then i'll expect a bit more from the speech!

Bpk and djphinfan like this.
  14. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm the same way and feel exactly the same as Bpk.

15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Or go away for good.

16. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Same goes for you then.

Fair weather fans get no respect IMO.

17. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Ok. Godspeed.

18. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Back at ya.

19. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Omg..
    Ross does look like Dopey of the Seven Dwarfs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    nah BK's just going thru a phase..lol

GMJohnson and Bpk like this.
  21. Bpk

If we beat a few teams we arent supposed to and almost all the ones we ARE supposed to... Plus clean up the ethics, I'll be more than back. I'll be buying swag like crazy.

22. Bpk

Fairweather insinuates a fan who has stopped following the team when they do badly. I havent left... But oddly you seem to want fans to leave??

Not sure how that supports the team.

Btw, pretending everything will be fine is not the same as everything actually being fine. In fact, its how problems stay problems instead of getting fixed.

So yes, when there is dog**** on the rug I'm liable to say it stinks and hope someone in charge cleans it up. But by all means, you can smile and pretend not to smell it if you prefer. Dont expect me to lie to you to help you maintain your positive self-illusion in those situations though.

When we lead the league in sacks for instance, I am liable to be concerned and mention it rather than hope everyone says nothing. Avoiding reality is not helpful.

Heck, if this organization could have been mature enough to admit to itself internally that Incog was a douche who needed to go, or Martin was a crap player who needed to go, perhaps that mess wouldnt have happened.

So while I am not technically a fairweather fan unless I make a habit of forsaking the team in bad times and rejoining them when they win, i am definitely a fan who cares so much about the team that he refuses to blow smoke and sunshine up his own arse. I don't avoid the discomfort of acknowledging things that need fixing, or of admitting I am discouraged when those things don't appear to be getting fixed.

I'll have to politely decline your request that I leave.

GMJohnson likes this.
  23. Bpk

Too true. Appreciate you having empathy and my back.

I'll bounce back. Lol.

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It's official..we need to beat the steelers for BK..

If we do that, then we gonna have some fun my brother.

25. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    What is it that's not getting fixed?

We went 20 years w/o a QB to build around, fixed that.

Lack of talent at WR? Fixed.

No deep threat? Fixed.

No pass rushers outside of Wake? Fixed.

Poor secondary play? Fixed. Despite all the injuries.

A defense that couldn't force TOs? Fixed.

So of course everyone wants to talk about the OL, ad nauseum.

Kud_II, xphinfanx and slickj101 like this.
  26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

GMJohnson likes this.
  27. Bpk

You bet!

I think I'll make that ceviche recipe you PM'd me for the Steelers game.

Jeez, we sound like a couple 50's housewives.

28. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    They have cranberry juice for that.

29. Bpk

Sometimes human nature is to focus on the things that aren't fixed yet instead of the ones that are. And I suppose I sometime do the glass half empty thing more than the glass half full thing.

The truth is, neither extreme is right. It's not right to harp on the problems the Phins have and give little attention to the ways we have improved, s you've pointed out. It's also not right, imo, to be too self-congratulatory if it means overlooking issues that do still need fixing.

To me, a large part of our great performance vs the Jets was about the Jets dysfunction. So while I am thrilled we have made a lot of progress (run game vs a tough run D, for instance!) I am wary of how a better opponent ail make us look.

THey say pessimism is the failure of past optimisms. ThePhins have let me down a few times when they've played good teams.. or even teams I "knew' we'd beat (see: Bills), so it's hard to maintain the glass half full thing until I see them follow through on expectations with some consistency.

djphinfan likes this.
  30. Bpk

[video=youtube;NM6AeW8ok6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6AeW8ok6E[/video]

31. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Agreed there is a difference. I'll never stop rooting for the Phins. In fact, i think it is so embedded into my psyche that it is not even possible. I may have other teams that i might like to see win when the fins are out of it, but in no way is it the same feeling. However in a 2 or 3 in a row 4-12 seasons i scenario, i'm not likely to buy up schwag supporting a team that is producing a poor product. I'll proclaim myself a fan no matter the record, anytime, anywhere. I'll watch just about every game, but other than that I just won't spend too much time and money on consistently poor team.

All that said - my current feeling is that the fins are doing their best to put out a quality product, so sure, i'll buy some schwag and hopefully catch a game live at some point.

djphinfan likes this.
  32. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Geno Smith, Matt Simms.

That's all you need to know, it was an expected win. If we lost that would have been embarrassing. Our players were confident they were going there and take this win, it's the Jets and it's a mystery still how they were able to win any games this season. Then again even the Jaguars won two games.

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yup.

34. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Hard to say the win was assured after the Jets had beaten the Patriots and the Saints. I don't know what happened to the Jets out there last Sunday, but that win was as earned by our team as any other NFL win. Rexie's benching of their quarterback because nothing was working and keeping the Jets out of the end zone were especially entertaining. Better than a perfect Thanksgiving turkey.

35. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Both teams were 5-6 going into the game and based on how we have played this year there are no "expected wins". The closest thing to expected wins have been Buffalo and Tampa, hmmm.

New England and New Orleans both went to NY and lost as favorites, the Jets were 4-1 at home so it's a little disingenuous to say beating them was a foregone conclusion. And it's not like the game was close, it was domination from start to finish, the score doesn't even explain how bad we recall beat them and that's saying something because we won by 20.

But whatever, bring on the Steelers, we owe them an *** wooping of major proportions for that BS Steratore pulled the last time we played them.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't think that was his point..I believe it was a must win..and they got it.

37. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    What'd I miss? I thought I understood him just fine.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It's probably me missing it, I thought he was saying we should win that game considering how the jets were playing as of late and how bad their Qb situation is, for which I would agree, then I thought you said we shouldn't of thought like that because it shouldn't of been a foregone conclusion considering the jets have beaten some good teams at home..

I'm really not sure whether I'm interpreting your comments the way you are intending them??

I felt like we were the more talented team and should def win that game regardless of any circumstances.

39. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I've not seen another coach in the league do this. And he's just spouting generalities anyway. The cards suggest to me he's not a good public speaker and/or not good on his feet.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't watch these anymore. They don't do anything for me. Sparano's were more entertaining and I feel more authentic.

- sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 beta -