Post Game Bengals Thoughts - Playoffs?

65 replies

BumrushBumrushSupporterOP
Oct 7, 2012, 04:14 PM

2-3, with a legit shot to be 4-1 if a few breaks go our way.

We are improving in EVERY SINGLE aspect of this team, weekly.

Philbin is adjusting and our OC/DC's are coming up with creative gameplans.

Tannehill looks like a seasoned veteran already.

Our CB's and secondary play has improved tenfold over where we thought they would be.

5 games is not an anomaly. It is a trend. This team can and will compete for either a wild card spot or the AFCE.

Rams at home
@ Jets (win)
@ Indy (win)
Tenn @ home

6-3 is NOT OUTSIDE THE REALM of possibilities. With the back half of the schedule mostly played at home, am I crazy to think this could be a playoff team?

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:14 PM

We could be if we cut out the turnovers....and Tanny starts making plays inside the red zone. Were missing passing TD's badly.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:15 PM

We beat the Bengals and the officials today. Very impressed.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

jsizzlejsizzleNew Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:16 PM

Gaffney could be the missing piece, we need one more weapon Tannehill can count on. Anything is possible.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:17 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

We beat the Bengals and the officials today. Very impressed.

Not only that.. Just imagine if we stop the Cardinals on 4th down and Carp hits a FG against the Jets?

We are the talk of the NFL if those two things happen. I know this is a league of could of, should of and would of, but I'm seeing continual improvement on both sides of the ball, with the exception of the running game which seems to be regressing slightly.

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:19 PM

Typical. We lose a game, we're awful. We win a game, PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

We have a lot of areas to improve on. We didn't look very good on offense at all today and Cinci isn't playing good D to this point of the season.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 7, 2012, 04:20 PM

No, we do not do anything well enough yet to be a playoff caliber team.

IMO, this was more of a management of game style win over any particular thing we did well.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:22 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

We beat the Bengals and the officials today. Very impressed.

We couldn't catch a break from that senile bastard Walt Coleman. I've despised him since the tuck rule game.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:22 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

Not only that.. Just imagine if we stop the Cardinals on 4th down and Carp hits a FG against the Jets?

We are the talk of the NFL if those two things happen. I know this is a league of could of, should of and would of, but I'm seeing continual improvement on both sides of the ball, with the exception of the running game which seems to be regressing slightly.

It's crazy how close 2-3 is to 4-1 isn't it? We can definitely compete with any team out there. We just need to make the transition from competing to actually closing out games and winning. Today was a nice step towards that.

Our schedule is pretty easy as far as NFL schedules go. If we keep improving I see no reason we can't finish 8-8 or even better honestly. It will come down to making plays those 3-4 crucial plays during a game.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:23 PM

"Trowa wrote:

Typical. We lose a game, we're awful. We win a game, PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

We have a lot of areas to improve on. We didn't look very good on offense at all today and Cinci isn't playing good D to this point of the season.

They're a hell of a team that we beat. They average 28 points a game and we held them to 13.

Oct 7, 2012, 04:28 PM

"padre31 wrote:

No, we do not do anything well enough yet to be a playoff caliber team.

IMO, this was more of a management of game style win over any particular thing we did well.

the rest of the AFC East sucks and we keep improving. We might not make it far in the playoffs but we could make it into the playoffs.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2012, 04:29 PM

Props to Daniel Thomas, his deliberate running style really helped us over the hump. He even took out Mauluga, lol. He really helped today.

jsizzlejsizzleNew Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:29 PM

Our defense is playoff caliber, right now.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 7, 2012, 04:32 PM

"RickyNeverInhaled wrote:

the rest of the AFC East sucks and we keep improving. We might not make it far in the playoffs but we could make it into the playoffs.

Not yet, have to at least win next week, that is a duck on a pond, a chilly weather team heads to Miami in Mid October?

We also simply must have a #3 Wr who can produce something, our Te talent cannot make up the difference yet.

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 7, 2012, 04:33 PM

I have no idea if the Dolphins can make the playoffs or not. Right now they have as good a chance as just about any team in the AFC.

What bugs me though is the constant questioning by some fans of every offensive play the Dolphins call. Perhaps these people forget that the Dolphins are playing with a rookie QB who started his fifth game in the NFL today. The Bengals were also stacking the defense to prevent the run all day. The secondary of the Bengals is one of the best in the NFL and they were able to cover the Dolphin WR's very effectively for most of the game.

The Dolphins have no TE who can stretch the field, and no true #1 receiver. Perhaps if Tannehill had more experience and a better receiving corp, Sherman could call a more wide open game. Right now Sherman has to deal with the players he has on offense and I think he has done an excellent job of play calling, considering the limited number of play makers he has on the offensive unit.

Hopefully the Dolphins will get a deep threat and a TE who can get open down the field in next years draft, and then we will see Sherman open up the offense. With a full year under his belt and more weapons on offense, Tannehill is going to be QB to watch starting in 2013. In fact he isn't too bad right now.

As far as Sherman goes. I guess some people on here have quickly forgotten the putrid offense the Dolphins ran for the last four years, before Sherman took over the offense.

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:34 PM

"jsizzle wrote:

Our defense is playoff caliber, right now.

How many times did we say that during the Wanny years?

TRTrackstarLuxury Box
Oct 7, 2012, 04:37 PM

"Trowa wrote:

How many times did we say that during the Wanny years?

Why don't you give this new HC a chance before you judge?

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:39 PM

"padre31 wrote:

No, we do not do anything well enough yet to be a playoff caliber team.

IMO, this was more of a management of game style win over any particular thing we did well.

Play defense? Or does that not count in the NFL anymore?

We really need a WR who can make plays with his physical skills but otherwise I don't see much to complain about.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2012, 04:40 PM

I'm not spoiled, our team kicks ass...Best its been in a long time.

It's nice to see them have success against a quality opponent.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:42 PM

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 7, 2012, 04:42 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Play defense? Or does that not count in the NFL anymore?

We really need a WR who can make plays with his physical skills but otherwise I don't see much to complain about.

Not really, need more consistent pressure and better FS play.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 7, 2012, 04:43 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

I'm not spoiled, our team kicks ass...Best its been in a long time.

It's nice to see them have success against a quality opponent.

They also beat the refs

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:43 PM

Also, I dub R. Jones "The Most Interesting Safety In The World"

I don't always make interceptions but when I do, I make them on the opponents last offensive play of the game. (Raiders, Bengals)

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

jsizzlejsizzleNew Member
Oct 7, 2012, 04:45 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

I'm not spoiled, our team kicks ass...Best its been in a long time.

It's nice to see them have success against a quality opponent.

I am in love with that blonde in your sig. thanks for bringing her back to me!

thisperishedminthisperishedminForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2012, 04:45 PM

This was a win but this was not a playoff caliber team. The pass rush has to improve, and the running game needs to get much more consistent before we talk about that stuff.

If we dont have a running game, we need to be a better red zone passing team. As it is, we cant do either of those to put big points on the board fast.