1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly the worst Fins mock Ive seen...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GMJohnson, Apr 6, 2010.

1. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I dunno what this http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php guy has against the Fins, but I would cry my eyes out if anything resembling this B.S. went down on draft day.

1. Jason Pierre Paul OLB

Still available: E. Thomas, Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Eversen Griffin, CJ Spiller, Mike Iupati, Brandon Graham

2. Brandon Lafell WR

Still available: Demariyus Thomas, Jason Worilds, Cam Thomas, Daryl Washington, Chris Cook, Chad Jones, Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett

3. Torrell Troup NT

Still available: Morgan Burnett, Koa Misi, Jimmy Graham, AJ Edds, Major Wright, Perrish Cox

4. A.J. Jefferson CB (w/ Sean Smith moving to FS :pity:)

Still available: Thaddeus Gibson, Brandon Spikes, Eric Norwood, Darrel Stuckey, Jeff Owens, Ed Dickson, Cameron Sheffield

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Bpk likes this.
  2. Hobiesailor

Hobiesailor Season Ticket Holder Club Member

In the fourth round, rolle is still available too, why would we take another CB?

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, that's pretty damn bad.
    Would like to get Troup, but that's about 2 rounds too early (Yes I know we don't have a 5th).

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    If we came away with an OLB, WR, and NT with our first 3 picks I'd be a happy camper. All of those guys have the potential to be good-to-great players. I understand being concerned because they have high bust potential but still, if this went down in April I don't think I'd call it the worst mock ever.

Rolle is a SS ... we played last year with 2 SS and it didn't turn out so well.

NJFINSFAN1, GARDENHEAD and padre31 like this.
  5. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Sure, I would be okay with olb and wr in first 3 rounds, just not these olb or wr.

GMJohnson likes this.
  6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Not the worst ever. Just pick any Wanny draft and those were the worst ever.

HULKFish likes this.
  7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

I agree on Rolle, but Yeremiah is 32 yrs old and hes our only SS, so Rolle, or Major Wright, Chad Jones etc might be a good idea in the later rounds. They can play ST for a year or two and then be ready down the road.

8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    :knucks: I was talking about this year though. Wanstedt was on a whole nother level of bad

9. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Yeah, if I had to wait the entire year for that I'd be pretty upset.

10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I like the first 3 rounds. Its not like they have us taking a NT with the #1 pick like 50% of the mocks out there!

I would not be shocked if we passed on Dez Bryant and took JPP.

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    to me if Sapp is there in the 2nd get him...after Thomas in the 1st...or Graham...the Dolphins have been on a lets select at least one wideout a draft, hoping he pans out kick, for a couple of years now...IDK...go get a stud like Marshall to address it, or even get Dez, picking a WR after round 3 is pointless to me....although I do like this kid Williams...

12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Looks like a Wannstedt draft.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Remember that befuttled look on his face all the time?? I dont miss that...

14. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I dont know why this Mock is so bad. JPP could be amazing but was only a 1 yr wonder and does have a high bust rate. Only really bad thing I saw was passing on Burnett in rd 3

15. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Really like Walter but I personally don't think the 2nd and 3rd rounds pan out very well for the Fins.
    The more I look at it, the more I see the Dolphins taking JPP with the #12 pick. I personally am very skeptical seeing that he has only played football since his Junior year in high school. He can certainly be a bust, but then again he could be Ware.

Read the rest of the mock, Walter tends to be a pretty darn good analyst. He can be stubborn about certain things, but all draftnicks are.

16. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    as far as JPP goes, he is fast, tall and meets the prototype requirement ... but is reported to be lazy -- so I wouldn't pick him myself ... but agree on OLB.

LaFell will have a few supporters here -- but unless we go WR in rd 1 .... i don't want to see it until rd 4+ ... prefer S here ....

Troup meets a need -- but i would much rather have Joseph in rd 4

Jefferson at CB is not a need, and we have been looking at Cook and Ansa ... so i would go with either of those, if at all.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Jason Pierre = Vernon Gholston, or so I've heard. Honestly don't know too much about him.

18. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Not the worst I have seen the only problem I have is the fourth round pick

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I moved Sean Smith to FS in Madden; worked... his ratings went up and he picks everything...

GMJohnson likes this.
  20. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah this isnt madden this is real football and Sean Smith is a horrible tackler and if people were wining about Gibril wilson missing tackles Smith would be about 20 more i think if he is a starting FS he will end up with 20+ missed tackles easy. I would rather have Wilson at FS rather then Smith

GMJohnson and krypto like this.
  21. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    He did miss a lot of tackles in Madden as well...

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    In my madden universe Sean Smith drops over half of the balls that are right in his hand.

I also drafted a 6'9" receiver in the 2nd round. Terrance Trunk is awesome!

23. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Sean Smith is not quick enough to be a free safety.

24. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    He tackles like he's hugging his grandma.

25. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I like Troup a lot too. I've watched him the last 3 years here at UCF and he is a big part of why our defense was so good. He constantly took on 2 to 3 blockers in the center and still did well. He would fit well as a nose in the 3-4. That being said he is the type of player that goes before the "experts" project. I see him being drafted in the mid to late 3rd, but worse comes to worse in the 4th round.

26. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    OMG YOU GOT HIM TOO?!? Him and "Flash Gorden"...

27. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Maybe Im crazy then, because I dont like any of those picks, and I hate JPP @ 12. I mean, have you watched the guy play? Great athlete, bad football player. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0rhntrT7I"]YouTube- DE Jason Pierre-Paul Highlights/Lowlights 2009 USF[/ame]. Now this guy, can actually play ball. IMO, theres no comparison. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IfplrUsJgs"]YouTube- Universal Draft Presents DE Everson Griffen of USC[/ame]. IMO Hughes, and Graham are better prospects Thomas, Bryant, Spiller, etc are better players. C'mon man.

Lafell is a poor route runner with poor hands and suffers from untimely lapses in concentration. One of the safeties would bting better value at that point, so would Worilds.

Dont know much about Troup. But the fact this guy even mentions Sean Smith as a FS candidate tells me he is WAY out in left field. Sean is the only member of the secondary who CANT play FS IMO. I like Walt, but he's off here. And the "Parcells takes LBs" rationale is so intellectually lazy it makes me wanna have a drink. In fact, I'll be back later...

MrClean and azfinfanmang like this.
  28. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

And the bold part is why I keep constantly comparing him to Vernon Ghoulston.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me how a backflip is going to help him play football?

GMJohnson likes this.
  29. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I like the 1st two players, just not as much as plenty of people still on the board.

Overall (with who is on the board at each pick), I'd be hella disappointed with that draft.

30. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I would much rather have WR, A. Benn in the 2nd over LaFell any day, but that's jmo.

31. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

We really have only 2 safeties plus whatever Chris Clemons is. :wink2: So we could really be looking to draft 2. If it were up to me, Earl in the first and someone like Darrell Stuckey in the 3rd or 4th who can play either FS or SS and be a fine special teamer as well. This is a deep safety draft IMO.

32. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    the draft is deep at SOLB, not so sure it's as deep at S ... especially FS ....

33. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Cameron's one flop draft has to be in the arguement

34. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I actually had the chance to speak with Walter a couple of times online. I told him I believed there is no way Parcells and Ireland take a small school 1 year wonder like JPP when there are other 4 year options available like Brandon Graham. He disagrees. He thinks Parcells is too much a prototypical size guy and he ignores the fact that Parcells likes 3 and 4 year starters.

GMJohnson likes this.
  35. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Hmm... Looking at who's available, I like Bryant, Worilds, Burnett, and Spikes a lot more... :shifty:

GMJohnson likes this.
  36. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    That would be a GREAT draft IMO. We'd still need a SOLB, or else we'd have to go w/ Moses. Maybe we trade Ginn or Smiley for a 3rd rounder and grab a SOLB that way. But overall, it'd be hard to complain about a draft like that. :knucks: