Possibly the worst Fins mock Ive seen...

35 replies

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew MemberOP
Apr 6, 2010, 02:26 PM

I dunno what this http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php guy has against the Fins, but I would cry my eyes out if anything resembling this B.S. went down on draft day.

1. Jason Pierre Paul OLB

Still available: E. Thomas, Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Eversen Griffin, CJ Spiller, Mike Iupati, Brandon Graham

2. Brandon Lafell WR

Still available: Demariyus Thomas, Jason Worilds, Cam Thomas, Daryl Washington, Chris Cook, Chad Jones, Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett

3. Torrell Troup NT

Still available: Morgan Burnett, Koa Misi, Jimmy Graham, AJ Edds, Major Wright, Perrish Cox

4. A.J. Jefferson CB (w/ Sean Smith moving to FS :pity:)

Still available: Thaddeus Gibson, Brandon Spikes, Eric Norwood, Darrel Stuckey, Jeff Owens, Ed Dickson, Cameron Sheffield

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

HobiesailorHobiesailorSupporter
Apr 6, 2010, 02:41 PM

In the fourth round, rolle is still available too, why would we take another CB?

"4th down, 100 yards to go, you don't call a running play up the middle in the snow... Unless you're the Jets." -Football Guru Dr. Greg House

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Apr 6, 2010, 02:44 PM

Yep, that's pretty damn bad.
Would like to get Troup, but that's about 2 rounds too early (Yes I know we don't have a 5th).

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2010, 02:45 PM

If we came away with an OLB, WR, and NT with our first 3 picks I'd be a happy camper. All of those guys have the potential to be good-to-great players. I understand being concerned because they have high bust potential but still, if this went down in April I don't think I'd call it the worst mock ever.

"Hobiesailor wrote:

In the fourth round, rolle is still available too, why would we take another CB?

Rolle is a SS ... we played last year with 2 SS and it didn't turn out so well.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Apr 6, 2010, 02:52 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

If we came away with an OLB, WR, and NT with our first 3 picks I'd be a happy camper. All of those guys have the potential to be good-to-great players. I understand being concerned because they have high bust potential but still, if this went down in April I don't think I'd call it the worst mock ever.

Rolle is a SS ... we played last year with 2 SS and it didn't turn out so well.

Sure, I would be okay with olb and wr in first 3 rounds, just not these olb or wr.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Apr 6, 2010, 02:53 PM

Not the worst ever. Just pick any Wanny draft and those were the worst ever.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 02:57 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

If we came away with an OLB, WR, and NT with our first 3 picks I'd be a happy camper. All of those guys have the potential to be good-to-great players. I understand being concerned because they have high bust potential but still, if this went down in April I don't think I'd call it the worst mock ever.



Rolle is a SS ... we played last year with 2 SS and it didn't turn out so well.



I agree on Rolle, but Yeremiah is 32 yrs old and hes our only SS, so Rolle, or Major Wright, Chad Jones etc might be a good idea in the later rounds. They can play ST for a year or two and then be ready down the road.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 02:57 PM

"gunn34 wrote:

Not the worst ever. Just pick any Wanny draft and those were the worst ever.


:knucks: I was talking about this year though. Wanstedt was on a whole nother level of bad

SCSCPhinFanNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 03:19 PM

Yeah, if I had to wait the entire year for that I'd be pretty upset.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Apr 6, 2010, 03:23 PM

I like the first 3 rounds. Its not like they have us taking a NT with the #1 pick like 50% of the mocks out there!

I would not be shocked if we passed on Dez Bryant and took JPP.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 6, 2010, 03:29 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I like the first 3 rounds. Its not like they have us taking a NT with the #1 pick like 50% of the mocks out there!

I would not be shocked if we passed on Dez Bryant and took JPP.


to me if Sapp is there in the 2nd get him...after Thomas in the 1st...or Graham...the Dolphins have been on a lets select at least one wideout a draft, hoping he pans out kick, for a couple of years now...IDK...go get a stud like Marshall to address it, or even get Dez, picking a WR after round 3 is pointless to me....although I do like this kid Williams...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 03:42 PM

Looks like a Wannstedt draft.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 6, 2010, 03:48 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

Looks like a Wannstedt draft.


Remember that befuttled look on his face all the time?? I dont miss that...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Apr 6, 2010, 03:50 PM

I dont know why this Mock is so bad. JPP could be amazing but was only a 1 yr wonder and does have a high bust rate. Only really bad thing I saw was passing on Burnett in rd 3

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2010, 04:23 PM

Really like Walter but I personally don't think the 2nd and 3rd rounds pan out very well for the Fins.
The more I look at it, the more I see the Dolphins taking JPP with the #12 pick. I personally am very skeptical seeing that he has only played football since his Junior year in high school. He can certainly be a bust, but then again he could be Ware.

Read the rest of the mock, Walter tends to be a pretty darn good analyst. He can be stubborn about certain things, but all draftnicks are.

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2010, 04:26 PM

as far as JPP goes, he is fast, tall and meets the prototype requirement ... but is reported to be lazy -- so I wouldn't pick him myself ... but agree on OLB.

LaFell will have a few supporters here -- but unless we go WR in rd 1 .... i don't want to see it until rd 4+ ... prefer S here ....

Troup meets a need -- but i would much rather have Joseph in rd 4

Jefferson at CB is not a need, and we have been looking at Cook and Ansa ... so i would go with either of those, if at all.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2010, 04:49 PM

Jason Pierre = Vernon Gholston, or so I've heard. Honestly don't know too much about him.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 05:13 PM

Not the worst I have seen the only problem I have is the fourth round pick

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Apr 6, 2010, 05:56 PM

I moved Sean Smith to FS in Madden; worked... his ratings went up and he picks everything...

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 06:05 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I moved Sean Smith to FS in Madden; worked... his ratings went up and he picks everything...

Yeah this isnt madden this is real football and Sean Smith is a horrible tackler and if people were wining about Gibril wilson missing tackles Smith would be about 20 more i think if he is a starting FS he will end up with 20+ missed tackles easy. I would rather have Wilson at FS rather then Smith

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Apr 6, 2010, 06:06 PM

He did miss a lot of tackles in Madden as well...

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2010, 06:24 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I moved Sean Smith to FS in Madden; worked... his ratings went up and he picks everything...

In my madden universe Sean Smith drops over half of the balls that are right in his hand.

I also drafted a 6'9" receiver in the 2nd round. Terrance Trunk is awesome!

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

kryptokryptoNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 06:45 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I moved Sean Smith to FS in Madden; worked... his ratings went up and he picks everything...

Sean Smith is not quick enough to be a free safety.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 07:28 PM

"krypto wrote:

Sean Smith is not quick enough to be a free safety.


He tackles like he's hugging his grandma.

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Apr 6, 2010, 07:37 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Yep, that's pretty damn bad.
Would like to get Troup, but that's about 2 rounds too early (Yes I know we don't have a 5th).

I like Troup a lot too. I've watched him the last 3 years here at UCF and he is a big part of why our defense was so good. He constantly took on 2 to 3 blockers in the center and still did well. He would fit well as a nose in the 3-4. That being said he is the type of player that goes before the "experts" project. I see him being drafted in the mid to late 3rd, but worse comes to worse in the 4th round.

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!