1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Solutions to Offensive Problems?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pariah, Oct 6, 2013.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    It's a far more aggressive block. The tackle would block it like a running play almost. It would negate clabo and Martin getting blown back like they do in traditional drop backs.

Rollout also forces the dline to react to what tannehill does after the snap, which would give the oline the half second advantage it desperately needs. Right now it's just pin your ears back and go.

Problem is you severely limit where you can go with the ball. And tannehill gets stupid rolling out towards the sideline.

Pariah and PhinishLine like this.
  2. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    As CK posted in the other thread, Watkins and Garner grade out as better run blockers. Although still poor as pass blockers, giving our running game a boost may ultimately help our passing game.

RickyBobby likes this.
  3. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Ryan and Mike need to run routes all week together.

Miller needs to run with force. I've seen him run hard, last year, but in the 1st quarter when ups haw had him by a few fingers on the back of the jersey and miller couldn't get moving forward, that's embarrassing as a runnngback.

I want to see tannehill overthrow Wallace deep. Can he do it? I know he can but everyone is short, Wallace should already have 3 deep bombs if Tanny leads him.

Jerry is terrible and club isn't much better. IDK how we fx that.

Pariah likes this.
  4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Possible solutions to offensive problems? This is a no brainer for me...

42 called pass plays versus 9 called running plays. It doesn't matter if the called running plays net yards are not. It's a matter of whether or not you're going to commit to the run and keep opposing defenses honest.

In all honesty, the play calling today reminded me of the days of Sparano and Henne, when Henne was asked to shoulder the burden with no run support. We all saw how that turned out.

I guarantee everyone this regardless of the net yardage, if we rush the ball 25 times per game 9 times out of 10 we're going to win. Not every quarterback can be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees. In lieu of having that remarkable of a quarterback, you have to stick with a time proven effective formula.

If you want to win, you have to run the ball, period.

Pariah and gafinfan like this.