Porter proving to be every bit the receiver Jacksonville hoped he'd be

6 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
May 16, 2008, 12:19 PM

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 16, 2008, 07:08 PM

Raider WR's seem to do well when they leave Oakland...

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
May 16, 2008, 07:29 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Raider WR's seem to do well when they leave Oakland...

Maybe we should pick up their receivers when they get cut.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 16, 2008, 07:36 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

Maybe we should pick up their receivers when they get cut.

I wouldn't mind seeing Javon Walker or Ronald Curry with us. What I'd love more to see is one of their CB's on the squad. Even Stanford Routt and Fabian Washington are guys who could start for us but they're the #3 and #4 guys on that roster.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

ALalen1New Member
May 16, 2008, 07:42 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Javon Walker or Ronald Curry with us. What I'd love more to see is one of their CB's on the squad. Even Stanford Routt and Fabian Washington are guys who could start for us but they're the #3 and #4 guys on that roster.

He got traded to Baltimore for a fourth on draft day.

EDIT: Here's the link:

Ravens acquired CB Fabian Washington from the Raiders in exchange for a fourth-round draft choice.
Baltimore didn't get Leodis McKelvin in round one, but secured a player with almost as much potential. Washington is only 24, about the age of several rookies, and has starting experience. We suspect Rex Ryan, Baltimore's defensive coordinator, put in a call to his brother Rob to get his input. Washington will likely battle Corey Ivy for nickel duties in camp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3174

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 16, 2008, 07:49 PM

"alen1 wrote:

He got traded to Baltimore for a fourth on draft day.

EDIT: Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3174

Oops, my bad, I was looking at the depth charts on NFL.com. Even so, Raiders are still loaded at CB and I would have loved to see us acquire someone like Washington..

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

ALalen1New Member
May 16, 2008, 07:53 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Oops, my bad, I was looking at the depth charts on NFL.com. Even so, Raiders are still loaded at CB and I would have loved to see us acquire someone like Washington..

Yeah NFL (the site you expect to be updated) and ESPN ( supposedly the leader in sports updates and etc.) are not the best sources lol. But yeah, I would have loved to have Washington. He was impressive to me. I like Routt too but I don't see them parting with him. Washington was their #4 corner which is CRAZY.