1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porter on 1st Take Tomorrow Morning

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, Dec 9, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I don't know if anyone else caught the preview of the interview on Sportscenter, but basically it's Joey discussing the Plaxico Burress incident. He actually makes a decent point in saying that most people don't know what it feels like to be robbed or held at gunpoint, and if they had been, they would probably want to carry a gun too.

It was pretty funny because Michael Kim is doing the interview and you can see Porter becoming increasingly irritated with him. IMO Kim is a little douchey and was definitely getting smart with Joey.

Kim asked some kind of question about security and Porter said he didn't have any besides his "little buddy". Kim reacted like he was blown away that Porter would have a gun and immediately went "you're saying you have a handgun!? Do the Dolphins know!? etc." Lol the look on Joey's face was like wtf is this guy serious? Pretty funny.

Btw does anyone else immediately think of Lloyd from Entourage when they see Michael Kim?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  3. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I thought it was kinda funny and interesting when Porter asked Kim if he had a way to protect his family if someone broke into his house...the look of incredulity on Porter's face was priceless.:lol: I feel ya Peezy- we on the same page.:up:

4. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I can see Porter's side but shouldn't you register your gun? Do it the legal way and not carry around unregistered firearms.

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Umm...first off, as far as Porter goes, he has a permit to carry in California, according to the article, but not Florida, so he doesn't carry in Florida. (I don't know WHY...it's a million times easier to get one in Florida than Cali.) There is no gun registration in Florida, though.
    As for Burress, it's nearly impossible to get a permit to carry a gun in NYC. He has a lot of money and access to high-priced lawyers so he might have managed it, but then he would have likely come to the attention of the NFL.
    But what Burress did was incredibly stupid not just because he had no permit, but because he was being irresponsible...you don't mix guns and alcohol, period; and you don't carry a damned Glock, which has no safety, in your waistband without a holster with a round in the chamber. He obviously had no training and got his gun "knowledge" from movies.

Bpk likes this.