1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polian: Colts will consider drafting QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by brandon27, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If I'm putting myself in Andrew's shoes, it depends on my relationship with the Mannings. If it's as cozy and friendly as being talked about, then I don't want to be the guy that forced the Colts' hand ditching a Peyton Manning before Peyton Manning wanted to go. I would feel sh-tty about that. This is a quarterback I've looked up to all my life, a guy that took the time to have conversations with me when I was trying to decide if I should come out of school before I got my degree, and of course Archie and Oliver were teammates and are friends. Do I really want to be the guy that ended the relationship between the Colts and tehir legendary quarterback on BAD terms? And trust me, if we're talking about the Colts cutting Manning or trading him to the Redskins or whatever, it's bad terms unless Peyton is acknowledging that with his neck he'll never play again.

So the real question to me is not, do I tell the Colts I'm not playing for them. The real question to me is WHEN I do that. If my relationship with Manning is good and I don't want to see him end badly in Indianapolis, then I'm telling the Colts in February that I'm not playing for them. This would ensure that they don't make a move on Peyton during the free agent period. If the Colts are under the impression that I will play for them when they enter this period, you might find that they're cutting or trading Peyton.

So let me put it to you this way. The only scenario where I would consider playing for the Colts would be one where Peyton Manning tells me himself, in January/February, that he's retiring because the neck is not healing and his doctors have advised him that he could do serious damage if he continues to play. That's the only scenario where I would CONSIDER playing for the Colts.

Mile High Fin, CanePhin and ssmiami like this.
  2. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011

The big difference between Young/Rodgers and Luck is that neither Young or Rodgers were #1 picks. You're completely leaving out what Luck wants and what he may do in order to not have to sit anywhere from "1 snap to 3 years".

3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Rodgers was a #1 pick.... :wink2:

4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol:

And still trying to talk themselves into scenarios where we might get him.
    The whole SFL movement has been such a total failure.

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Steve Young started for the Buccaneers for two seasons and was considered a bust after they drafted Vinny Testaverde... so they shipped him to San Francisco where he sat behind Montana for four seasons.

I really don't think Young/Rodgers situation are really the same other than the fact that they both sat behind elite quarterbacks...

6. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    No he wasn't.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    24th overall in the first round...... Thus the wink.

8. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    Most (younger) people don't realize that Young didn't even start his pro career in the NFL. There is a big difference between a 24th pick (Rodgers), a USFL/Supplemental draft pick (Young) sitting and a #1 pick (Luck) sitting.

9. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    #1 and 1st round aren't the same thing...Thus the "No he wasn't". ;)

10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Lighten up will ya he was the Packers #1 pick in 2005. :pointlol:

11. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    The Packers #1 draft pick is also not the same as the #1 draft pick. :)

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Shouldn't you go back to talking about how pigs are going to fly, world hunger ends and the Dolphins are going to get Andrew Luck. :up:

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    No he wasn't. He went in the first round, but not number one overall.

14. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    I've never said that the Dolphins will get Luck. However, I'd be surprised if the Colts draft him...that is if Manning is healthy and doesn't retire first.

Seems as if I hurt your feelings? That wasn't my intentions. I only meant to teach you a little about the draft because it seems as if you were confused about what "#1" meant. It seems as if you don't like being wrong? I wasn't trying to throw your ignorance in your face...again, I was trying to help. :)

15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Hook, line and sinker. :blink::nutkick:

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I would figure you would be smarter than this. Committing a blatant violation at the board because I said Rodgers was GB's #1 pick. :lol:
    Sorry to get under your skin bro. I was razzing you.

17. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    He's just trolling/baiting you... I would ignore him.

CanePhin likes this.
  18. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    So you're saying we should ignore the master baiting troll?

CanePhin and GridIronKing34 like this.
  19. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Why ye.... oh I get it.

CanePhin likes this.
  20. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    Yeah...I see that from his posts. I should have picked up on it sooner. He shall be my very first IGNORE here. lol

texanphinatic likes this.