1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleaseantly surprised

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I have to admit I did not have much faith in our defense being able to contain Lee Evans. I also was of the opinion that their special teams were going to make a game changing play.

Kind of funny cause I didn't think there was a way in hell we were going to lose to the Ravens either... Shows what I know about football

Disnardo likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome to the boards mroz! Any questions, feel free to ask. :wink2:

mroz likes this.
  3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well they didn't really contain him, he had 7 catches for 117 yards.

I just don't know why the Bills didn't run Lynch more, he was getting good gains and they just went away from him, its was Cam like coaching.

WharfRat likes this.
  4. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I guess "containing" is not the right word, I was expecting them to hit a bomb or two on us with him. I mean, we can't cover anyone deep....

As for Lynch, their running game was very hit and miss IMO. They had some nice gains but we stuffed them a bunch of times. IIRC didnt they start a couple drives by trying to run the ball only to get stuffed for a 2nd a long?

5. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

I also wondered why they went with 3 passing plays when backed up at their own 3yd line. I can see two... but on 3rd &10, why not run it for 2, 3, or 5 yds maybe to give your punter some room... instead of risking a safety (which is what happened after all).

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    our specials did all they could against their vastly superior unit...and that was huge for us.