1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please read this, the way my year has gone

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by finyank13, Nov 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Mike Pereira, the NFL's vice president of officiating from 2004-09, believes Arian Foster should have been awarded a touchdown for a three-yard catch that was overturned on review Sunday.

Of course it was a catch, but that's small consolation for Foster owners. Pereira points out that Foster reached out with his right hand to break the plane, making the "second act" that the league has cited in the past. If the NFL wasn't such an unstoppable juggernaut, the league would be losing credibility for its ridiculous catch rules. How can the players and fans understand what constitutes a catch when the referees don't even know how to interpret the rules?

I have Foster and lost by 5 points....

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I lost one week simply because my starting Defense was on a Bye week and the screen for my roster "hides" the defenses, I did not scroll down and check to make sure.

Bad beat thread?

:D

finyank13 likes this.
  3. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    eh, you still got like 30 out of Foster alone? The callous response is that you should have lost be more than 5 under normal circumstances.

I find it hard to pity guys with Foster on their roster. I drafted Ray Rice and Steven Jackson 1-2 and neither has come close to putting up Arian's numbers. The guy is having an incredible fantasy season.

4. miamidolphins

miamidolphins Ravens Fan

Nov 5, 2010
    MD
    Be patient. I'm sure they'll have better numbers with the cold season coming. Ray Rice was hurt earlier in the year too. I think he'll produce more the second half of the season.

5. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

How about this for one of my three teams...

I am #1 in scoring with this team (961.1 points in 9 games) almost 40 points higher than the current first place team who is 7-2, however, I am currently 5-4 and clinging to the sixth and final playoff spot with the combined other teams scoring a whopping 903.8 points against me.

Salt on the wound...I play the first place team this week. :pity:

6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Be thankful enough you were the one who drafted Foster :wink2:

7. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Good place to put this. I thought I was doing pretty good this week, grabbed Garrard off FA for a game and he got 24, my man Steven Jackson got me 20, and guess who my TE was? That's right, I started Fasano. Third highest point total out of twelve, and of course my opponent has the highest. He had Fred Jackson (26, wtf?!), Andre Johnson (20), Eli (19), and even our ol' pal Olindo Mare got him 18. His TE? Rob Gronkowski... I guess that's payback for me feeling so smug for starting Fasano. I drafted Gronkowski late as a backup TE and had dropped him, he was out for revenge. He still has DeSean Jackson left to play. :pity:

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Fail....actually the response is I won by 1 instead....what does that have to do with anything? Because the guy is doing good, you dont feel bad??? I am 1 game out of a playoff spot (after winning yesterday) and when I should actually be in the playoffs....

The point is, the call was blown yet again, which was obvious if you saw the play, nevermind instant replay