1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playstation 3 question

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Nappy Roots, May 24, 2009.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    OK so i got my PS3 hooked up down stairs with an HDMI cord on a 1080p TV. unfortunately i have just a regular piece of **** in my room. the PS3 used to automatically change screen resolution automatically before i got the HDMI cord. yesterday for the first time since buying the HDMI cord i unhooked ps3, tried to hook it up to my crap tv, and it was just black. nothing came up....i know for a fact it was on and working because when i pressed and held the ps3 button pressed down a couple times and pressed X, it turned off my controller.

any help would be appreciated....

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    When you connect it to your tv, hold the power button down to turn it on (not on the controller, but on the console), but keep holding the button and it should beep a 2nd time after like 4-8s (I can't recall how long). That resets the video settings, and it will read whatever you have connected and ask you if you want to keep this resolution or whatever. When you go from something to HDMI it automatically detects your connection, but not when you go from HDMI to component. I've run into this problem before when I take my ps3 on the road.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    thanks, that worked.