1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff Push Could Come Sunday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by njfinfan, Dec 6, 2008.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Palm Beach Post: Palm Beach & Treasure Coast news, sports, entertainment, jobs, cars, homes

With one month to go and the AFC playoff race up the air, the Dolphins have a chance to make up some ground this weekend.

A visit to face the beaten-up Bills, who’ll be without as many as five starters, suddenly looks a lot less daunting for the Dolphins, who are 1-point underdogs.

Question: Why are we 1-point underdogs against a now less than stellar Bills franchise? Honestly, I don't understand.

PhinsFanWife likes this.
  2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah, I don't get the -1 point spread. But, the playoff really do start for us Sunday. Got to win all baby!

njfinfan likes this.
  3. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Normally, the bills would be a 3 pt fav. in a game like this, but since it is only a 1 pt line, that is a small bit of respect from the powers that be in this.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Probably because of our penchant this year to play down to opponents. Other than NE, who have we beaten up ??

5. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Because fat Chris Berman said so

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I don't get the one point spread either considering the game is pretty much at a neutral site. The Bill's regular QB is probably out., Marshawn is gimpy, and they have been horrible since they were 5-1. Hopefully we get pressure on Losman, and keep Lee Evans in check....if this game was outdoors I would be worried, but we should handle them indoors where Pennington should be money.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Spreads aren't set by what the oddsmakers feel the teams are matched up as. They're in it for money, not accuracy. Spreads are set by what the oddsmakers think the people think it should be. We Phin fans think we should be favored, Bills fans vice versa, and everyone else in the middle.

The gambling houses would love for everyone to bet half on one team and half on the other every single time. They get to keep the vig.