Playoff Predictions Anyone?
52 replies
[ATTACH:full]
Available here:
https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/Playoffs/Picker/0E700630-E7FC-43DB-92EA-9E71507C57C9
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Here's a quickie...
I'll give it some thought though..
[ATTACH:full]
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Here are the current playoff chances per FiveThirtyEight:
[ATTACH:full]
And here from the NY Times:
[ATTACH:full]
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Here's an updated prediction:
[ATTACH:full]
AFC
A Titans win over NE would be nice, and isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the Pats losing two games straight at home, with one being a playoff game against a less experienced team suffering injuries? The Patriots won't go out to the Titans. They might even beat the Chiefs too, but I'll give the Chiefs the nod here to get some payback on the previous performance. As for the Bills, they might beat the Texans but either way the Ravens will dominate either team and, ultimately, the AFC.
NFC
The NFC is stronger and I'm less certain of the results. The Wildcard games could go either way, but I'll stick with the favourite Saints over Minnesota (sorry Vikings fans, not this year). On the other side, the Eagles have been up and down and whilst this is a home game for Philly who might have found their groove (and could win this over an equally uneven Seahawks team) I'll give Seattle the upset (I'm doubting this though, even as I type). The Packers have struggled often this season and the Saints have been strong, but this is a home game for the Packers, in the cold, and I think we see some Rodgers magic carry them over the better team and further than expected and to the NFC championship game. There they'll meet the Niners who will be too much for the Seahawks and the Packers, setting up a season rematch between the Ravens and Niners.
Superbowl
The Ravens have clearly been dominant this season, and I'd like to see Jackson win a ring early in his career, however, I can see a real possibility for an upset victory here. I think the Niners match up favorably against the Ravens and the lethal precision and experience of Garopolo could see the Niners rise up as champions - leading to some lovely anguish for Pats fans. I'm really tempted to call it. However, I won't. I think that overall the Ravens are the better, more balanced team with the more versatile offense and aggressive D. I think it'll be close, but I'll give this to the Ravens and give Jackson one ring to rule all the rookie QB's drafted ahead of him. Garropolo will be back though.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I havent followed the NFC closely but in the AFC:
Titans vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship.
Chiefs come out on top.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I havent followed the NFC closely but in the AFC:
Titans vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship.
Chiefs come out on top.
Titans over Ravens?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
Titans over Ravens?
I will say it depends entirely on Tannehill playing how he has.
final score 20-7
@10817
Bills over... anyone but the Texans? I don't see it. Ravens are a far more balanced and talented team. What do see in the Bills that has them reaching the conference championship?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I will say it depends entirely on Tannehill playing how he has.
Even with a full strength Tannehill the Ravens are just a better team. I don't see it happening - but it would be exciting if it did happen!
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
Even with a full strength Tannehill the Ravens are just a better team. I don't see it happening - but it would be exciting if it did happen!
I think its debatable the Ravens are better. The Titans were 2-4 before Tannehill took over and ended 9-7.
It's entirely possible they have a similar record if he starts the whole way with the same success we saw him have later.
To me it depends if Jackson has his major setback in the playoffs or next season. At some point I believe he is going to hit a really rough patch when teams force him to throw into smaller windows by taking his legs away.
One issue is I'm not sure the Titans have the defensive ability to do that regardless of scheme, so likely Jackson will have a strong game himself.
"Galant wrote:
@10817
Bills over... anyone but the Texans? I don't see it. Ravens are a far more balanced and talented team. What do see in the Bills that has them reaching the conference championship?
Ravens are nothing more than hot regular season team. sports history should teach you to stop jumping the hot-now trends.
they are just this years Vick-Falcons, Eagles-Cunningham. And the fact is that one of the final 4 , is usually an unexpected spoiler.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I havent followed the NFC closely but in the AFC:
Titans vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship.
Chiefs come out on top.
you cant say you know football and then give the Titans a remote chance at the conf championship.
they have nothing. No star power. Nothing.
i've changed my mind in the nfc early rounds
Edit: Saints over Vikings
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I think it will be Chiefs vs Saints, Saints win and Brees retires.
this weekend though..
As much as i hate to say it, Patriots will win.. and i think the Bills pull beat the Texans
Saints win, Eagles win.
I take Vikings back lol.
That's pushing it. Saints, Eagles, Bills, Pats are the winners this weekend
What a great game in Houston..
LOL Josh Allen is freaking braindead the last 3 minutes of this game..
Well, after the wildcard round I'm shooting .500.
I had the Patriots over the Titans and Saints over the Vikings both wrong.
We'll see how it goes from here with my original predictions but here's an update:
[ATTACH:full]
I'm thinking maybe the Texans upset the Chiefs though... and I'd like to see the Packers over the Seahawks, but I'm not 100% on that.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I think its debatable the Ravens are better. The Titans were 2-4 before Tannehill took over and ended 9-7.
It's entirely possible they have a similar record if he starts the whole way with the same success we saw him have later.
To me it depends if Jackson has his major setback in the playoffs or next season. At some point I believe he is going to hit a really rough patch when teams force him to throw into smaller windows by taking his legs away.
One issue is I'm not sure the Titans have the defensive ability to do that regardless of scheme, so likely Jackson will have a strong game himself.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I havent followed the NFC closely but in the AFC:
Titans vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship.
Chiefs come out on top.
Just wanted to say I nailed the Titans over Ravens.
Well my prediction is basically shot. Best I can hope for from my original is the Niners making the SB.
From here on out I suppose this would be the most likely result:
[ATTACH:full]
However, what I would like is to see a Packers vs. Titans SB and I would be happy either way. I'd like to see Rodgers win another one, and it would be an incredible underdog story if the Titans won, and would be happy for Ryan.
Honestly, I could see almost any combination of teams going forward from here on out, although I do think that if the Chiefs could win against the Ravens offense then I don't think the Titans pose much more of a threat...unless I'm drastically underrating Henry. The Chiefs know he's coming. Can they stop him?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
This is what I want to happen:
[ATTACH:full]
This is what I think will happen:
[ATTACH:full]
Alright guys - Chiefs over Titans...or the other way around - and why?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)