1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Devil's Advocate

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Mar 14, 2015.

1. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    You call that an insult? Are you your period again?

It is quite common knowledge for those of use that take the time to actually read articles written by those that follow the Dolphins

2. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Read what? That's what was asked some evidence of the statement made. Yes some people on here can and do read.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Jesus, what the **** is your problem?

Do you not understand how this works? You made a statement, I asked for proof. Either give it or piss off.

4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I put him on Ignore a long, long time ago, cause I didn't like his insulting replies.

5. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-will-roster-purge-pay-off-for-the-miami-dolphins-20150314-story.html

"Say whatever you want about Wallace, Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson. Claim they were all overpaid, or not productive enough, but don't dismiss the fact they weren't happy with Miami's offense, and the quarterback's dink and dunk style, and ultimately got purged from the team."

Matthews also asked out. This is all common knowledge to those that read and follow the team......

so 4 out of the 5 WR on the team did not like the QB's approach.

6. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    how I that even remotely an insult? You are the most insulting poster on the board.

7. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    and I asked it you could read? did you answer the question? can you not comprehend ?

apparently not because it is common knowledge and has been discussed over and over and time again. I cannot help the fact that you don't recall it nor comprehend it, it is not my job to help you understand.

8. Tannephins

Tannephins Banned

Dec 23, 2014
    We'll see how "dink and dunk" the team is next year, when it has a downfield receiver whose play in a timing pass offense doesn't require the equivalent of hitting a bullseye on a dartboard after it's been shrunken to half its size. Certainly the way the team played downfield with Brian Hartline in that role in 2012 suggests that we could be in for quite a vast improvement, with Tannehill's being two years further developed, and Stills's being far better suited to the role than Hartline.

resnor likes this.
  9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Galant, this is a viable consideration you're making except that FA and the Draft are not over...Are they going to pick up another DL somewhere ?? WR ?? It's fine to sit here a week after FA began and look at what we've got and lost, but it's really irrelevant to what we likely will see by say, mid-May...that may be the time to worry about what kind of risk is being taken by the FO....

10. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    The QB is dink and dunk, not the offense. The OC last year said almost every play last year had a deep ball in the play, but it was not called.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins

has many good articles on such topics from both Dave Hyde and Omar.

11. Tannephins

Tannephins Banned

Dec 23, 2014
    I suppose then that the New England Patriots' receivers are likewise dissatisfied with Tom Brady, since the team just won the Super Bowl by throwing no greater a percentage of downfield passes in 2014 than Ryan Tannehill.

12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Tannephins, it's sort of pointless to argue with him. It doesn't matter that our "deep threat" had a tiny catch radius, adjusted poorly to balls in the air, ran poor routes, and didn't fight for balls in the air...nor does it matter to him that our oline seemingly couldn't hold blocks for more then 2 seconds, to allow deep routes to develop AND to allow Tannehill to step into throws without getting plastered. No sir, none of that matters, to those who hold to the narrative that Tannehill can't throw a deep ball, and simply has to "dink and dunk." Nevermind, also, that one of Tannehill's strengths is throwing those intermediate passes. And never mind that percentages that you have cited over and over again in regards to the league averages on deep balls...

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You didn't provide anything to read when I asked the question. You didn't provide anything to read before I asked the question. So, I'm not real sure what in the hairy **** you wanted me to read at the point.

But if an off handed unsubstantiated blurb in an Omar Kelly article of all places, is your proof, then maybe the person that needs their reading skills questioned is you.

So, I'm questioning not only your ability to read but your ability to think and reason. Give me some proof of your declaration or as I said already, piss off.

14. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    [​IMG]

Who wants to play?

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  15. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Rishad Matthews @ RMatthews
    Read this right from the man so I felt the rest held no credit.

Colorado Dolfan, Fin D and resnor like this.
  16. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    People like you are the reason people like Omar are employed.

resnor and Fin D like this.
  17. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Didn't realize that NE cut their WR's..........

18. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    But he is very happy and not really in the doghouse right ;) ;)

19. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    except for the fact that Omar is not the person I was quoting. It was either Hyde or Perkins. OF course you can choose not to believe what has been discussed my every writer that I have read that I know covers the Dolphins.

You really think Wallace was happy?

You really think Hartline was happy?

20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

25, you lost nearly all of us at "Omar Kelly" I wouldn't trust a word from his computer....ever...

21. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think Hartline was happy when Tannehill was hitting him for 1000 yard seasons, making him look like a good receiver. If anything, it was an offensive philosophy that had nothing to do with Tannehill that saw Hartline's targets and production fall off a cliff.

22. Jersey Dolfan

Jersey Dolfan Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Stills being better or equal to Wallace is flat comical.

At this point it seems the board is divided into 2 camps:

1)objective fans and

2) people already pumped up for the season, spinning any neutral move into a great improvement that gets us closer to actually being relevant, regardless of the facts.

dolphin25 likes this.
  23. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Another one of these posts.

24. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think people are pumped that we got rid of Wallace's bloated contract, in favor of a far cheaper receiver who also runs really fast. I don't think anyone is saying that Stills will necessarily contribute as much as Wallace last year. That being said, I also think those that point to Wallace's 10 tds, as evidence that he will hit that again, are being silly.

25. Tannephins

Tannephins Banned

Dec 23, 2014
    And in fact, if Stills plays about like he did last year and the year before, in terms of efficiency, it's very likely that the team moves down the field better, and scores more points, than it did with Wallace, even if Stills himself isn't the one who catches the touchdown passes that were thrown to Wallace. The Dolphins just added a player who was far more productive than Wallace on a per-play basis, even when you incorporate the points the team scored via Wallace's touchdown receptions.

26. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The only reason to be happy about dumping Wallace's contract is if you use the money to get a quality player that fills a need.

Right now, free agency is looking pretty thin and one has to wonder what Miami will do with that money. If they let Clay walk, they are right back at square one as far as talent at need positions going into the off-season (WR, OG, RB, ILB, CB, S) but then, they also have one fewer draft choice. That doesn't make a lot of sense if that's the way they are going to go. Plus, they will have a chunk of money sitting there unused. If they sign Clay that will make the offense much more versatile - but they still need a starting calibre WR to play on the outside.

Unless they have specific players in place that they want (and they haven't shown that yet) I don't see the reason to dump a starting WR even if he is overpaid. Had they kept Wallace and Clay - to go with the additions - they could afford to drop WR down more as a need position in the draft; and they could afford to be much more creative at 14 - RB; LB; CB; or trade down.

I wonder whether or not it might have been more advantageous to wait until the draft plays out before trading Wallace. Maybe you get a higher pick for him and you know better what you need.

If they wind up signing Clay and maybe jump in and get Wisniewski to play OG (which he's played before), then that makes sense.

Otherwise, they are going into the draft with one less pick and almost the same talent needs.

dolphin25 likes this.
  27. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Res,that is the second time you posted this on this page. I know you do not like Wallace ok..BTW it's the second time he has had 10 TD'S, one in Pittsburgh, and with another year in the system this year with a solid starting 5 OL I think Tanny/Wallace would have hit on maybe 15 TD'S this year. I THI k we could have kept him for 1 more year and boy our offense would have been balls to the wall this year with Wallace,Stills,Landry,Matthews, and a #1 1st round receiver,Cameron, Sims,possibly Clay,Miller,and another RB possibly my in the draft that brings the same talent or better than Miller..Man, would have love to have seen it..now that Wallace is gone I hope we bring in Todd Gurley and I would love for us to also get Breshad Perriman.

dolphin25 likes this.
  28. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Landry was. Just sayin.

29. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Last I checked shou, Albert was not a receiver.

30. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Well now, that opens up another can of worms doesn't it?

31. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I am sure you read about this just as I did in Club last evening by one of our most trusted members. NO?

32. Tannephins

Tannephins Banned

Dec 23, 2014
    Sounds like you missed the point.

33. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    No, I got your point. Wallace is gone now and those that loathed him are happy and those that appreciated him are not. These are the Facts. What I would now like to see is all of us DOLFAN move on from the subject now and all GET ALONG!! It bothers me to see Dolfans arguing and being flat out smart AZZ to other Dolfans. Maybe we can agree to disagree and move on now to talk about the rest of free agency,or the draft etc. And be much more cordial to each other. Thank you all and Go Fins!!

dolphin25 likes this.
  34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    This is where you're incorrect, I did not dislike Wallace. I disliked his contract, relative to his production. That being said, receivers numbers vary substantially year to year. Wallace benefited greatly last season, in the TD department, from the Dolphins not having another redzone target. Also, I was completely on board with keeping Wallace next season. I posted many times that what I wanted was to keep Wallace, and move up for White or Cooper. This has nothing to do with me liking or disliking Wallace.

35. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's not that black and white. One could appreciate his contribution last year, but still not be happy the price tag that came with that production. One can also be happy that the bloated contract is off the books, without being happy that Wallace is gone. I think that Wallace would have been a contributor on offense next year, I just don't believe that his contract made him worth keeping. Wallace isn't a number one receiver, IMO. He's not an "elite" receiver. If you're going to carry a massive contract, it needs to be for an "elite" player, Suh, for instance.

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    About 3 points a game. If memory serves me right, that is how much the offense's ability to score went down.

Heck before Albert's injury Miami Dolphins were about to smash the record for the most points scored in the third quarter per game.

You know, football being a team sport and all.

resnor and Fin D like this.
  37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I never disliked Wallace. I am just fine with him gone.

I am excited for Stills. Mostly because his catch efficiency is really high. It was high in college and it was high in New Orleans. I know some people think it is because he had Brees and Graham, but what if it wasn't. What if it is because he was a good receiver and he didn't put up tons of yards because he was in an offense with so many weapons. Now he has a chance to earn himself top billing. Will he take it? We are going to find out.

PhinFan1968, Brasfin and resnor like this.
  38. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I would say that is not very likely since it has been reported that Brees did not like him and wanted him gone. Typically a QB does not want a quality weapon gone, well .........

39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wow, you're a like Sherlock Homes. Seriously, where do you get this incredible insider info? You should make your own site and charge for it.

40. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    First of all.. is a QB never wrong about anything? TONS of WRs leave bad situations and produce elsewhere.

2) where is this direct quote from Brees saying "I do not like Stills" or is this just hearsay stirring the pot of bs?

3) is your reasoning for not liking stills just based off only this??? how much tape have you watched on the guy?

PhinFan1968 and Fin D like this.