1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plane loses wing while in flight

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gafinfan, Nov 9, 2008.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

First I must thank Marty without whom I couldn't show this and two if its somewhere else here posted I apologize. Now with that taken care of...... be amazed!! I sure as hell was!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9SHrW6V5fU]YouTube - plane loses wing[/ame]

Celtkin and cnc66 like this.
  2. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Just wow... was that part of the trick? It is amazing how the pilot handled the plane after it lost the wing.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    Fake, but it was kinda cool if it had really happened.
    If it had really happened, it would've been all over the news.

So, you're in court and someone has video tape of you doing something bad. How can you be sure the tape is real?

azfinfanmang and gafinfan like this.
  4. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
  5. gafinfan

Fake? Hmmmm

Israeli Pilot Land Saftly With One Wing - Video

I say again its all in the hands of the pilot and I want the two good ones!!

TokyoFishFan likes this.
  6. gafinfan

7. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    It's a pretty good animation from what I can tell. Not perfect, but better than usually seen in video like this. I'm guessing it originated from a college somewhere in a TV production class.

8. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J72y_qFV2oc]YouTube - DEBUNKED: The Best Air Race Pilot Ever!!![/ame]

What gave it away to me though was watching the actual touch down of the aircraft & the "convenience" of the camera position/landing.. Other than that I thought they did a really good job of selling it.

9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    My wife and I both watched this one day last week. We agreed that it is probably fake. The resolution conienently gets bad during key moments, especially as the landing is happening. Also, IF the pilot brought the plane around as violently as he did right at the landing point, the plane wouldve bounced MUCH more and the energy from the rotation of the prop at the point of contact with the ground is almost non-existent in the film.

Still very well done.

IF it was real, man that is one cool-cucumber behind the stick....

Phinz420 likes this.
  10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    hehe... my first and only reaction was that it was fake, the landing really gave it away... looked like one of those toy airplanes. Still the pilot opening the hatch and the guy running towards the plane were nice touches.