1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pick one - Tony Sparano and the Offensive coaching staff or Henne

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Dec 20, 2010.

What scenario is better

1. Fire coaching staff and give Henning the chance to develop under a new coaching staff

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Bring back Sparano and draft / sign via FA a new starting QB

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    CAN'T EDIT POLL. I SCREWED UP, I MEANT GIVE "HENNE" NOT HENNING THE CHANCE TO DEVELOP..

Let's assume Ross understands that a change must be made.. But does not want to blow up the entire team.. He is facing a dilema between protecting Sparano and the rest of the clowns running the offense and Chad Henne, who may or may not be a product of the coaching staff.

So given those two scenarios, which would you prefer?

Chad Henne remains the starter on this team going in to training camp and Ross fires Sparano / Henning and starts fresh with a new coaching staff (retains Nolan)

OR

Sparano gets another shot and Henne becomes the fall guy for our ineptitude on offense. Another year at the helm with a new OC.

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Easy as hell. Fire Sparano and Henning now. :up:

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    0% chance Henne is the starting QB next year.

Thats regardless of whether we bring in a new coaching staff. Nobody would accept a job knowing their QB is Chad Henne.

4. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Crap - I screwed up the poll-

Should be give HENNE a chance, not Henning.. We all agree on Henning

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I'd get rid of Sparano and Henning. Henning is just awful, thats well documented. Sparano... I don't mind, but when I keep in mind that it's his philosophy of playing it safe, that keeps us in as much trouble as were in with all these close games, and a young team thats bound to make mistakes here and there, each of those mistakes gets magnified 10 times.

As for the Henne option... He's going to be here next year anyways. Whether this staff stays, or goes. I doubt they'll cut him. They'll look for a new QB to compete with him, and take it from there.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    regardless of your feelings on Henne, this offensive coaching staff MUST go .... the last ounce of creativity was 3-4 years ago ..... just terrible

i am less decisive on Sparano ..... UNLESS Cowher wants to come here AND doesn't want full power (read GM as well). As woeful as this season is rapidly turning into .... it can be fixed very quickly this offseason -- yes it can !

1- make Ronnie a playmaker ... not a RB, but a Reggie Bush / Percy Harvin type in the open field were he can be dangerous or draft one
    2- get a rull time RB ... which doesn't have to be a super star and there are plenty around via draft or FA
    3- find a speed burner WR to augment Hartline / Curtis .... we might even be able to get bye with these 2 for a year or 2
    4- find a pass catching TE to augment Fasano ....
    5- draft 2 OL .... and sign Mankins if he becomes available

Defense only needs to tweek the LB corps ....

This CAN be done this offseason ..... and if you want, bring in Kyle Orton .... but i still truly believe that Henne has the talent to get the job done.

7. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    It's time for a new coaching staff and offensive philosophy. I'm sure a new staff would take a look at Henne, but probably bring in another QB to compete (draft or FA). If the running game was doing well, I could live with the "run the ball/play defense" mentality. We can't run the ball, and that goes back to the OL for the most part -which is on Sparano.

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Orton is under contract through 2011.

9. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    true, but depending upon how wonderboy does these next 2 weeks .... he may be available .... i just don't want McNabb, he hasn't gotten to Culpepper bad - but he isn't far off ..... that and he hasn't been good physically in a long, long time. Not sure Kolb's ceiling is that much higher than Henne's .... and i'm not much of a Vince Young fan .... so Orton is the only current QB that i would take here ... IF they decided to go that way -- which i don't think we need to do

10. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Of the 2 options, giving Henne a chance under a new regime is my choice. If he's still average then, get him out.

11. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Fire only Henning.

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Orton would be my choice too unfortunately he is still under contract. I'm with you. I would jump on him if he becomes available.

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    What would Denver take for Orton? Especially if they go with Tebow all the time now? I don't think it would take alot.

14. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    That was a trick question.

CaribPhin likes this.
  15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I don't care if Henne is the starter next year. I honestly don't. I just don't want those idiots coaching us.

16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Get rid of coaching staff and draft a QB...IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Ozzy likes this.
  17. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I'd welcome Sparano back if they canned Henning and found, somehow, found a quality Qb. Plus a quality offensive coordinator.

But if I'm the owner, I'm laying down the law first and tell Sparano that playing for FG's will get him fired.

BUT if Bill Cowher wants to come here, I'd let Sparano go no matter what...