Phins nose tackle undrafted but not unwanted

8 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
May 4, 2009, 07:34 AM

New Miami Dolphins nose tackle undrafted but not unwanted
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1030860.html

Miami hopes it can groom Louis Ellis, an undrafted defensive tackle who anchored a top Division II defense at Shaw University.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
May 4, 2009, 08:06 AM

looks like a NT
we really need a NT
looks like a project
should be ready by 2010

takes about two year to develop a NT
Ferguson will hold up that long
Look for Soliai to sep up this season

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

May 4, 2009, 07:10 PM

It would be so sweet if he can be this years Davone Bess.

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
May 4, 2009, 07:15 PM

"PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN wrote:

It would be so sweet if he can be this years Davone Bess.

he might be ok on slants...but I doubt he will get any separation on fly routes :lol:.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
May 4, 2009, 07:23 PM

``I turned down money to come down here. It really isn't about the money. I just want to get in and they gave me a shot. All I want to do is get in and prove myself.''

he's got the right attitude

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

JOjoeydolfanSupporter
May 4, 2009, 07:25 PM

We shall see how he pans out once the pads come on.... I am really interested to see Gardner and Ellis once camp gets underway but you have nothing to go on with Lineman until the pads go on and the hitting starts....

May 4, 2009, 07:46 PM

"Zeke0123 wrote:

he might be ok on slants...but I doubt he will get any separation on fly routes :lol:.

I'd like to see him run on a WR reverse.

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
May 4, 2009, 07:51 PM

"PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN wrote:

I'd like to see him run on a WR reverse.

:lol::up:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 4, 2009, 07:59 PM

Don't be too impressed with Ellis turning down larger UDFA money to sign in Miami, he made a point that his cousin signed a 6 yr 66 million contract with the Golden State Warriors, he very much wants to get paid as well.

But that is a good thing, let a man think he to can have a mountain of gold if he works hard, and he will work hard, his cousin was a second round NBA pick, it's rare they even stick, let alone get paid.

Watch, Ellis will be a beast in Training Camp, he has the tools to do so.