1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHINS Make Fine Fifteen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mullingan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Brown42000, HULKFish and phinnhedd like this.
  2. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    We've made some steps to become a better football team, that's for sure. I think really good football teams would've blown out Seattle. FWIW, a win is a win and I'll take them anyway they can come. That being said, if we continue to play bad teams badly, we could easily fall out of contention and out of the national spotlight.

HULKFish likes this.
  3. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
  4. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Hey, in the NFL, even good teams have off weeks. I mean, the Jets LOST to the Raiders, both the Jets and Patriots barely beat the Chiefs at home, and the Patriots were almost upset by the Rams .... at home!! I don't think an eeked-out win over Seattle is any worse than any of those for sure.

And let's give Seattle some credit. Holmgen is a big-time coach, and he clearly had his guys ready to play. They came out strong, and limited their mistakes (short of a couple dropped passes that were huge). They played hard, and their O-line is pretty good. And that roster is littered w/ guys who were winning week in and week out not so long ago.

That said, of course we need to come out and play hard against the teams we should beat the rest of the year. Starting next week!

5. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Yes, you are right. We have to give credit to Seattle players and Mike Holmgren, on the other side of the fence we have to realize that if we want to think about winning our division we have to win BIG at home. We killed them, absolutely killed them on our first 2 drives. Then we allowed them to get momentum on an inevitable pick-6 from Pennington.

He hasn't been making too many mistakes so I gotta give him some slack, but we can't continue to keep giving away freebee touchdowns on passes that should've been thrown away or held onto. A sack would've been better in hindsight.

It remains a fact, that if you want to be successful, you have to dominate at home where you have home field advantage. I think they came out expecting the Seahawks to just bend over and let us rape them at will, and we got sucker punched, kicked in the nads, and pooped on in that game.

Hopefully they come a little better prepared against the Raiders.

DolfanTom likes this.