1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phins have not initiated contract talks with C. Long

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins | Team has not initiated contract talks with C. Long
    Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:39:51 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have not initiated contract talks with University of Virginia DE Chris Long.
    http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Still more smoke and mirrors than a David Copperfield show. Thata Boy Tuna, keep em guessing.:up:

Larryfinfan likes this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im a bit surprised by this news still, I figured we would at least by talking to him... but who knows really what Bill and Jeff have up their sleeves here

4. inFINSible

inFINSible Bad ministrator

Nov 26, 2007
    This reminds me of an old joke, " I can tell she likes me by the way she ignores me."

Who are we ignoring like they aren't even in the draft?

Georgia Fin likes this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't understand this, it would make more sense for us to be negotiating with all four top prospects, which would give us more bargaining power with each agent I would think. Not sure what Parcells has up his sleeve here. Hope this doesn't backfire on us . . .

6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    As of Monday night, the Dolphins had not initiated contract talks with Chris Long -- which is consistent with Peter King's si.com report that they are negotiating only with Jake Long and have given him a deadline to accept. Owner Wayne Huizenga won't discuss the No. 1 pick, but has such confidence in Bill Parcells, that he's not conceding next season as strictly a rebuilding one: ''A lot will depend on the draft,'' he said. ``Bill's doing a good job.'' Parcells did not accompany general manager Jeff Ireland and coach Tony Sparano to workouts and visits with the potential No. 1 picks, but Huizenga said that is OK because ``that's the general manager's job.'' -- Miami Herald

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#3

alen1 likes this.
  7. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    That a boy Tuna, make him sweat.

Roman529 likes this.