1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philbin out 2 days now

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finwin, Oct 31, 2014.

1. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I'm not sure what is wrong or what the family matter is. I hope everything is ok with him and his family and I hope his absence doesn't impact the game Sunday. If anything, maybe the team will "won one for the coach."

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's pretty rare when the media can't get any type of details in this kind of situation, so my hopes and prayers go out to Philbin and his family at this time. He's certainly not the type to call in sick so I'm guessing that it will not be good news. All I've found is that it's a very serious family issue.

I did just read, however, that Philbin said he will definitely be at the game Sunday. Here's the quote-

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/10/31/dolphins-te-dion-sims-out-sunday-vs-chargers-lb-koa-misi-lg-daryn-colledge-questionable/

finwin likes this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    He has indicated he will be on the field on Game day.

4. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I do feel very bad for him with another serious family issue? How much can one man take..regardless of my feelings for him as coach, I hope everything works out the best for him and his family.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  5. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Armando just reported that Philbin is back with the team....His father passed away last night.

Da 'Fins, Georgia Fin and RGF like this.
  6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Guy just can't catch a break. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

7. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Congrats to Philbin on the win today. I know it doesn't erase or completely console the coach about the death of his father, but I can't help but think the team played lights out for him today. Should be an emotional locker room speech and I can't wait to see it, if he lets them release it.

77FinFan likes this.