1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philbin not a big fan of Jennings?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ohio Fanatic, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Is it posturing to drive down the price, or for real like it was with Flynn? Maybe Wallace is the only real option for us since Bowe is likely going nowhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144998/article/greg-jenningsjoe-philbin-reunion-reportedly-unlikely

2. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I'm certainly no insider, and this is just speculation, but... could Jennings still be Miami's #1 target in free agency? That Green Bay threatening the franchise tag is just them trying to get a pick out of the Phins, and Miami's suddenly giving Jennings the cold shoulder and rumors of their interest in Wallace spilling everywhere is just a counter-bluff? Jennings to Miami just... STILL... makes too much sense to me.

I don't see Wallace as a complete WR. He just looks like an 'X' to me. Not a go-to guy. Jennings offers so much more versatility, and they know what he can do in the offense. Am I wrong here?

ItsDFresh likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Going across the ole ticker...one thing Ireland does do well is play the predraft poker game.

4. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    My spider-sense is tingling that there is more that meets the eye with this leak.

5. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, if you take the rumor mill at face value the Dolphins are going hard for Wallace and don't have a lot of interest in Jennings. Is that what Ireland thinks, or what he wants people to believe he thinks?

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well it's probably a bit of both...I think Irish wants to keep his options open until he actually starts to talk turkey with Jennings and Wallace and whoever else they go after.... I feel that once the Hartline situation is resolved, we'll be able to predict more accurately...not that re-signing Hartline is a prerequisite to anything, but I get the feeling that they want to keep Hartline, but only at the price they want to pay and that situation is still in flux... They'll figure out which way the HAVE to go before 3/4....

7. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Philbin is probably not a fan of Jennings and even if he was we are too cheap to spend money on him. I mean he's reportedly asking for like 4095983938459 million a year. Jennings really thinks he's that good. I think at this point we should just let the Oakland Raiders sign him. He can catch 55 passes there for 814 yards and 4 td's for that kind of money and we can all laugh about it. Lets be real here....Jennings is asking for max level production money. For 13 million or whatever he came out and said he wanted he should put up Megtron type numbers or close to it. 87 receptions, 1,456 yards, 10 td's. He's not going to do that.

8. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Jennings is believed to be seeking an unrealistic $13 million to $14 million annually. Without the Dolphins in the mix to drive up the bidding, he might have to settle for $7 million to $9 million per season.

At $13 million..............no thanks. If that is REALLY what he wants, we shouldn't even be talking.

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I'm very confident Ireland told his agent to only call back when he's serious.

10. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I hope we dont strike out at getting a good wr I am already having mixed feelings about this offseason even if it is still early.