1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philbin at the AFC coach's breakfast

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Claymore95 likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Just some things from the first video (there's 5) total so far:

- He will be more visible in the training and locker room. He said he has to do that more than in the past.
    - Jordan needed more time and strength training because we was limited by surgery and missing OTAs. He got about 320-ish snaps (mostly on 3rd dwn, and their looking to increase that.)
    - Tannehill keeps improving play speed, accuracy and less ints.
    - Looking for the same thing from Lazor's offense as he is in Tannehill (line beofre this one). Also was attracted to how many successful & varied HCs Lazor has worked with.
    - He also debunked the reports that Jordan was lazy. Says he doesn't know where that came from.
    - They like Derrick Shelby

Side note: He is taking full responsibility for the scandal and how to fix it. He's not sidestepping or deferring blame anywhere.

Second video:
    - Finnegan will have to earn snaps.
    - They like Wilson
    - Whoever earns the spot opposite Grimes will get it.
    - Wants Miller to have more explosive runs and pass protect better, even though he made improvements. Won't commit to him being the starter next year.
    - Dallas Thomas is a hard worker. Need to find him a home on the line rt or guard. He gives them position flexibility. Thinks he can play either guard and maybe RT.
    - Albert is a schematic and locker room fit.

Third video:
    - Thinks Ellerbe will make progress...in the middle....but haven't ruled out anything in the way of shuffling
    - Delmas = play speed and tempo
    - Liked Shelley's play speed and second level play
    - Mentions Weaver, Thomas, Garner & Brenner as guys that could step up
    - Needs more vertical plays. Mentions timing and wr being in the right spot. will be a focal point moving forward
    - not sure if Gibson & Hartline will be 100% by OTAs
    - Clay is a humble guy
    - LB play has been inconsistent
    - They do expect a big jump in Jordan's play
    - #1 focus on offense is protecting QB
    - will be primarily a zone blocking team

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Great news on Jordan..

Play speed on Ryan Tannehill..yes, it must improve greatly, it's why I've been advocating that this Qb needs to take his physical training very seriously, he did get in much better shape from his rookie year to his 2nd year, I hope to see that continue, speed trading needs to be in his arsenal..physical quicks is what he lacks.

Great news on Thomas, I'm standing by that rookie evaluation, he looked good to me at guard coming out..I'd like to see him stay at his left guard position and have Shells play right guard...

I'm very confident in the brown game that Dion Jordan was in serious pain and reinjured his shoulder, probably played like it all season..I also stand by that he is strong enough to play the run..honestly don't think he had any strength in that shoulder all year, not after the reaction I saw on tape..that's where I think folks think he can't play the run or that he isn't strong...I call BS on it..

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    All I expect from Philbin this season is a playoff team. This is his third year as the teams head coach and there are no more excuses to be made if this team doesn't make the playoffs this coming season.

Another season at 500 or below will be considered a failure on the part of this team and this coaching staff. The heat is on Philbin, Tannehill, and the front office to put a winning product on the field in 2014.

5. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    i just want philbin to show me one thing that he does well. that's all i'm asking. after 2 years, i've seen absolutely nothing other than him talking a good game and not backing up anything he says he wants our team to be. we were supposed to be a fast paced offense where the receivers played multiple positions....i havent seen it. he asked for more team speed. last year, he was given plenty of upgrades in team speed...he had no clue what to do with it. we were supposed to be a blitzing defense....i havent seen that either. show me something, philbin.

6. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    lol