1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phil Simms' ESPN Blog on Miami vs Jets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Read the rest here: Simms: Fins close to desperation

2. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Thanks for the read,I can't wait until Sunday,this game means a lot to the Fins and I am sure they will be ready to play especially a division game. I like what he says about Henne also, I really believe we have finally found our qb for the future. I like how he stays confident during the game and is usually accurate on his throws.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Yeah, I said before that Henne just looks calm, cool, and collected in the pocket; even amid a hound of defensive players coming after him. The infamous "Ted Ginn Interception" really showed how Henne can place the ball perfectly when faced (literally) with a good pass rush.

Some of his shorter passes could use work, but I hope Henning would stop using screens to Bess on 1st down as a replacement run. It is becoming predictable and more dangerous. He tried to open up the playbook a little in the 2nd half of the last game for Henne, but the Saints (along with Miami's drops) really took the wind out of Henne's sails.

I also think that because of the ball speed, the receiver's may have some issues with catching the ball. In defense of the receivers/backs, Henne may not throw a "catchable" ball because of his speed. Who knows? That, along with "looking to cut" before catching the ball seems to be Miami's problem. Little things like watching the ball go to your hands can and should be adjusted.

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Looking forward to it....but I will be on the beautiful shores of Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii.....the win will be icing on my cake!

gafinfan and cnc66 like this.
  5. The Conch Shell Guy

The Conch Shell Guy Wildcat Expert

Oct 27, 2009
    Miami
    Yea man I have been watching Henne all 4 years at michigan (michigan fan here) and I was so happy when we drafted him that i cried (no homo). we are working with a truly brillant and strong qb that has endurance for the future.

lets show the jets why henne > sanchez

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    good read

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this will be an even more brutal game than the first