Phantasy Star II is out for the iPhone

8 replies

FIfins4o8Forum VeteranOP
Aug 26, 2010, 05:09 PM

http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/25/phantasy-star-ii-review-more-of-this-please-sega/#comments

http://itunes.apple.com/app/phantasy-star-ii/id382953129?mt=8

Yes, you read it correctly. Sega just released Phantasy Star II for the iPhone & it's only 2.99 until Sept 1. Playing this has brought old memories of playing this game on the Sega system as a kid.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 06:30 PM

There's your first legitimate competition for Vay in the "genuine JRPG on the iPhone" category.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 06:49 PM

Chaos Rings?!?!??!?!?!

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 07:00 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Chaos Rings?!?!??!?!?!

Chaos Rings always seemed to be more of a melding of genres than a straightforward JRPG.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 07:05 PM

You must have not played it. 3d characters, yes. But it's good old fashioned, turn based, Japanese story line goodness.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 07:39 PM

"mor911 wrote:

You must have not played it. 3d characters, yes. But it's good old fashioned, turn based, Japanese story line goodness.

I haven't played it, no, but the general setup and some of the progression elements don't seem particularly JRPGish to me.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

FIfins4o8Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 08:16 PM

While, CR has great graphics especially on the HD version, I hated doing the tiles.

After, playing PS2 for a few hours, I hate their dungeon chutes. Gets too frustrating and I prefer stairs that lead up or down instead of running around to find the right chute to get where I want. If you can handle that, then it's a good game. If you're like me, time to find a different game.

PS: thanks for mentioning Vay, never heard of it until now. Gonna try it out.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 08:53 PM

"fins4o8 wrote:

PS: thanks for mentioning Vay, never heard of it until now. Gonna try it out.

Somewhere, Victor Ireland is crying manly tears. :lol:

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

FIfins4o8Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2010, 10:22 PM

"Desides wrote:

Somewhere, Victor Ireland is crying manly tears. :lol:

In my defense, I was poor back then & all my money went into PC RPGs. :lol: