1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFW's 2008 Mid-Season Grades

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Features - NFL pro football articles and coverage from Pro Football Weekly

Biggest surprise: Most figured the Dolphins would be in Year One of a multiyear restoration project. So much for those long-term plans. The Dolphins already have won two more games than they had in all of 2007, including back-to-back victories over last season’s AFC championship-game participants, the Chargers and Patriots. More than just the victories, there’s simply an aura of confidence in this club that didn’t exist just a couple of months ago.

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    don't they mean we have won 3 more games than all of last season? Must of been a typo. Great find FFIC

azfinfanmang and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  3. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Indeedy do

4. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Don't like that Fearless Prediction...

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I have been hesitant to even talk playoffs all season, still not totally convinced we get in. But I sure don't see this scenario playing out. not after what Penny has become for this team, and I now suspect we may still be in the hunt in week 16 & even week 17 possibly.

If we are out of the hunt, I could see Henne getting some more playing time, but Sparano is still going to want this team to win as many games as possible, to demonstrate to all the players that it pays to drink the cool-aid. To reinforce the mentality of winning that has turned this team around. So no way does Penny sit out the last 2 games, playoff hunt or not.

Themole likes this.
  6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I dont see us out of the hunt by week 16, that means we would have to absolutely stink it up over second half.
    I cant see that happening.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't know about that...if Penny is still playing at the level he's playing now, this 'fearless prediction' never happens...However, if we are in fact out of it by the last two games, it would probably mean that the offense isn't progressing as they'd like and putting Henne in would not surprise...

8. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    even if we wanted to start henne next year, why would we release pennington? all we'd have is beck as a backup..

9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    speaking of Henne, if Penny continues to play mistake free football for a few yrs, I can see our QB situation will be like Favre/Rodgers and that isn't a bad thing either.

anlgp likes this.