1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pete Prisco's "Camp Tour" and Vendetta against the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm going to apologize in advance for devoting another thread to this worthless human being. But since we love to hate sports writers, nobody deserves our hate more than Prisco who has held a childish vendetta against the Dolphins starting with his horrible article about the wildcat, refusing to acknowledge it as anything more than a "gimmick".

His latest installment of slapping the Dolphins in the face comes from his training camp tour wrap up, where he places the Dolphins in the 5 worst teams he saw. His explanation for why they were one of the 5 worst -

In Prisco's defense, he didn't visit every team. Some of CBSSportsline's other writers visited the other teams. I'll even go so far as to say maybe the Dolphins really were one of the 5 worst teams he saw. But give us an explanation. Why were they one of the worst? What did you see that made you think that? "They will take a step back"? Seriously? That's all you got Prisco?

And it was that way for every other team, player, and coach he mentioned. What a complete and total waste of money for CBS to send this heap of crap to NFL training camps. I would be willing to bet any member of this site could write a better camp report than Pete Prisco, not even having attended.

His individual write up of the Dolphins camp tour was just another wild cat bashing piece. A rehash from his original wild cat = gimmick write up. Nothing of any substance explaining what he saw at the Miami Dolphins training camp.

If you have some time to waste reading complete crap, here's a link to the entire article -

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12138316

dolfan7171 and DePhinistr8 like this.
  2. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    The only reason I ever see anyone saying we will "take a step back" is because of our schedule.
    With about 5 seconds of thinking, they should change their opinion about that. Our greatest weaknesses from last year, in no particular order, were
    Interior O-Line
    Defensive Back
    Pass Rush
    Wide Receiver
    Special Teams

All we did this offseason was improve and strengthen each and every one of those areas with deep, young talent in the form of:

Grove, Donald Thomas, the emergence of Shawn Murphy on the O-Line

Wake has shown an ability to rush the passer, bringing back JT, and the improvement of Merling and Langford along the D-line

Got rid R. Hill and replaced him with Gibril Wilson, drafted two freakishly athletic DB's in Davis and Smith, and have developed Jones and Allen as decent depth and nickel/dime players.

Drafted 2 seemingly smart WR's that may make an impact THIS year, Ginn is rounding out into a very solid WR and Bess has another year under his belt.

Now special teams has yet to be sorted, and I'm sure that will become clearer as we get to 53 players, but I can't imagine it will be as bad as last season.

While the schedule may be tough, our team ain't exactly chopped liver.

dolfan7171, cnc66 and djphinfan like this.
  3. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Agree 100% with everything you say. But my beef with Prisco's article isn't that he said we'll take a step back, it's that he didn't say why based on what he saw at our training camp. He supposedly goes to these camps, takes notes, and writes up what he sees. He wrote nothing whatsoever of any substance explaining why he thinks we were one of the 5 worst teams he saw at camp.

4. DePhinistr8

Mar 24, 2008
    Yup, and all I've read from other sources like Pat Kirwin, thePhins members, etc, is that the team looks very sharp in camp. Practices are crisp, players have their legs under them, execution of drills and plays have been decent..

Prisco should just change his name to Pricksco

:knucks:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Prickso against us? That's a good thing. It's on the rare occasion that he picks us you have to worry.

dolfan7171, PhinsRock and MonstBlitz like this.
  6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Him and Bill "Aren't I so ironic and funny" Simmons both seem to have a strange obsession with bashing the Dolphins and Miami in general.

dolfan7171 and late again like this.
  7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    A lot of people have said we will be better this year but may have a worse record. And a lot of writers have said watch out in 2010.

Its no different than a lot of pieces I have read.

I also agree we will be better this year and just may have a worse record.

8. DePhinistr8

Mar 24, 2008
    It's probably because Miami has stood on the throat of their favorite teams for the better part of 2 decades, and now that we've been a bit up and down they have an opportunity to pounce.

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Bill Simmons is a HUGE Patriot fan

10. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

That's not what Prisco said though... He said the 'Phins are one of the five worst teams he saw in camp. He also put the Colts in the five best teams he saw in camp, but mentioned injury woes and a poor offensive line:

The guy just makes no sense to me. :pity:

MonstBlitz likes this.
  11. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I can live with him being a Patriot fan, but if you read his stuff (and he is a talented writer) he seems to have an unhealthy obsession with crapping on all things Miami.

He's been wrtiting for months how Dwyane Wade will leave the Heat, how the Fins were a fluke, Miami is the worst sports town and on and on.

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the guy has never been a friend to Miami
    when something unfair & negative is said
    I make a verb about of his name:
    the article priscoed us good:sad:

13. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Again, I have no problem with the statement that we might take a step back. He said we were one of the 5 worst training camps he visited and "They will take a step" back does absolutely nothing to explain what he saw in our camp that warranted an appearance on that list.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

From what I read, it was more a b***h session about having to travel more than a football report... No real insight and certainly nothing to make me want to read him again...