1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perceptions and Reality

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Sep 24, 2012.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    First off, I'd rather lose against anyone but the Jets. Philbin with the timeout was a standard play, but lost the game. Carpentar missing FG's loses the game, and finally RT throwing a pick-six loses the game. Oh, and Thomas has a bad habit of fumbling.

All that being said...

The Patriots have a matching record.

The Cards are 3-0, and look good. (Random thought)

The Raiders BEAT the Steelers!

The Jets have to play the 49'ers and Texans next.

Griffin, Luck, Tannehill and Weeden all lost this week. Chances are Wilson too...

All that being said, the Dolphins are showing improvement, and still have every chance in front of them. The Defense is playing with grit. The O-line is thriving under this new zone blocking scheme!

jsizzle, Ducken, GMJohnson and 5 others like this.
  2. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks for some Monday sanity :)

Am I the only one that thought that even though the throw on the pick-6 was a bad decision, Fasano could've helped the QB out by coming back to the ball a bit?

3. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Ryan Tannehill progressed admirably from game 1 to game 2. However, he seemed to regress in game 3. I don't know how much is Reggie being injured, going away from the gameplan, or calling low percentage passes but he didn't look very impressive yesterday.

4. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Not having any WR's is going to hurt him. Our guys can't seem to get open consistently. Naanee continues to be a waste of a roster spot.

jsizzle, Aquafin and HULKFish like this.
  5. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Does anyone have Naanee's snap count lining up at WR from yesterday? I don't even recall seeing him on the field.

jsizzle likes this.
  6. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I saw him lined up at WR a couple times, he's easy to spot with the dreads.

jsizzle likes this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Armstrong has been worthless too.

8. DePhinistr8

Mar 24, 2008
    He's pretty awesome if you like WR's that can't catch.

SICK and jsizzle like this.
  9. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I'm trying to figure out if a WR that can't catch is better than one that can't get open.

10. DePhinistr8

Mar 24, 2008
    Lucky for us, we're loaded with both!

SICK, P h i N s A N i T y and jsizzle like this.
  11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Tannehill is pretty effin' good. I remember Sam Madison used to use that same move on that pick 6. You don't really see that drop off move in college.

12. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    36 pass attempts sure isn't going to impress much of anyone. For a team that's going to be aggressive even when Revis went out of the game it seemed as if Sparano was calling the plays. Easing this Rookie into the NFL is going to be a bit frustrating. Thankfully the play calling was better than Dan Hennings imagination.

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Gotta watch the all 22 tape when its released but at first glance I thought his play was on par with last week, considering the competition.

HULKFish likes this.
  14. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I thought the same thing. Fasano could have gotten his body between the ball and the defender. He didn't do that and it cost us. Yes, the throw could have been better but Fasano could have done a better job boxing out the defender.

15. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I didn't fault Fasano at all on that play. There were a few throws yesterday that were accurate, but were thrown too late IMO, giving the defender time to close the gap and make a play. I still think Tannehill is catching up to the speed of the game a little bit and as he does, he'll make his progression reads a split second faster and connect on those throws.

16. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I wont make any excusses because we have yet to sign a big timme tightend or wr and with Ireland still our gm I see us screwing up another qb's developement (see John Beck , Chad Henne ) i wonder if we will ever have a hall of fame wr in our lifetime .

About the game i did not see BESS nor Hartline so i supose Hartline ran his mouth and made our team look somewhat foolish. we reallly need to draft a wr but is there going to be a stud wr in the next draft.

I will say Lamar Miller and JTrain Lane seem to have caught my attention because Daniel Thomas was a non factor in the big 12 and its transfering to the nfl.

17. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Ludicrous statement. Ireland is not directly responsible for the QB's development.

18. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    He has but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Naanee was here all offseason.

19. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I was really bothered by that logic during the game yesterday. They kept saying the lack of practice time was responsible for that crucial drop.
    Armstrong is a pro football WR who is paid to catch the football. It's his craft. If he can't do that he is worthless to us.
    I understand the learning curve for the system and all but when a ball hits you right on the hands you make that play.
    Armstrong is just like Marshall in that sense. Not a playmaker.

20. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Naanee did line up in some multi receiver sets. Don't recall how many.