1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Jason Taylor!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hazed819, Apr 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Please sign Jason Taylor, the man played for pennies last year give him some dam money and let him retire a Dolphin! This is by far the stupidest move I've seen since ****** Wanny replaced Marino for Ears (Fiedler) I would of taken a gimp Marino over a Ears any day and I'll take Jason Taylor over any rookie any day. The man still has games left in him and he will take it out on us mark my words if we let this happen. Taylor is a Dolphin, Ireland, Sparano, Parcells get it through your thick skulls. Considering the move he made last year to be here for the fans for his family for the team he loves baffles me to even Taylor in this situation right now. Do whats right Dolphins this is a classy organization not some dog and pony show like the Philly Eagles.

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :rolleyes:
    feeling a little emotional today are we
    see this is what happens when fans get too caught up in players and cant let them go
    they blame the team when it is over

cdz12250 and steveincolorado like this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    u need some bons bons bro hahahaha!!!

Joking with ya, anywho dont worry about it, if he signs...oh well charlie mike, as they say in the military.......continue mission....

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    if they don't give him something reasonable or close to what he wants whose fault is it? Some of its on him, but yes some of its on them as well.

5. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I say give the guy his money. No he didnt have a great season last year but he did have a fairly productive one and can still be so useful as a leader. Id love for him to retire as a dolphin, make it happen.

6. hazed819

Apr 7, 2010
    whos gunna replace him? Porter? oh wait hes gone too. Wake? unproven.. My worry is wins, playoffs, if we lose taylor and rex ryan knows this, it leaves us with nothing at the OLB position, nothing solid that is. I'm tired of being the bottom feeders of the division we need quality players and we eneed them now this man can still play and he wants to play here so why not take advantage of that for yet another year or two. It would be wise. Dansby is not the answer to the loss of Taylor and Porter so i dunno wtf they are doing right now.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    So maybe they dont want JT back anyway.
    Maybe they are ready to move on

8. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    so then you have no problem with jt goign to the jets then correct.

9. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i really don't because it is predictable behavior for him and i think we need to move on anyway. I've already explained my take on the situation. JT has a bruised ego again because we have no true interest in his services IMO.

cdz12250 likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    was last year as predictable?

11. hazed819

Apr 7, 2010
    man ego or not we need a proven OLB for now and hes there it should of been a done deal from the second they knew they were gunna let Porter go IMO

gunn34 likes this.
  12. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I don't even care if he doesn't get a single snap. Signing him on if for nothing else than to train a rookie OLB corps, would be worth it.

He played well last year, and as it stands, right now, is the best OLB on our team. Could we pick up better in the draft? Maybe, thats debatable. But don't we already have enough crap on our list going into it?

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you mean that he wore down and was injured
    yep that was predictable

14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    so thats a no then. Kind of disrupts your ego theory doesn't it.

15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    nope

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Haze...the problem with JT now is that we just don't know how much longer his body will hold up and his skillset will hold up. There was no doubt whatsoever that the JT we saw last season was not the DPOY or even a facsimile thereof. So what we do know about JT is that we will NOT get a guy who was better than last year's JT. Do we really want that ?? I don't think so. We all have aqua colored glasses with guys like JT, no doubt. But I can't see us adding him and hoping that he's more than a stop-gap OLB. Besides, playing where we'd probably use him is out of position anyway. I say draft a couple or even three LBers and go from there. I do agree that we might not have the answer on the roster. QMoses and Anderson on the strong side don't exactly give you a warm fuzzy feeling, just as Wake as our main weakside guy doesn't either. But....I just don't know for sure that JT is our answer...

17. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    First of all, Marino was more than done when Dave W. pulled the trigger. Wanny had the balls to let Marino walk, I will give him that.

If Jason Taylor doesn't have any gas left in his tank, then we should let him walk.

18. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I agree we need to sign him

19. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Honestly I never thought i'd be saying this but to hell with JT, theres no question the guy was great in his day and was the face of the franchise for quite some time but nowadays he's just acting like a baby whos had their candy taken away.

JT has no intention of going to the Jets...his only intention here is to stir up a controversy and get the fans and players involved in an attempt to get himself a contract with the Phins. He's just turned into a very selfish person, he's been around long enough and made many millions of dollars noone has any reason to feel bad for the guy and honestly with this move here he's becoming a big enough distraction that I think it's best to just get this over with now instead of having to deal with it every year. Let him get on with his life away from the Dolphins.

Killerphins likes this.
  20. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    For me it is a matter of not having to worry as much about OLB and focus more on other positions in the draft.

And I would be really pissed if the Jets got him.

21. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    This is exactly what I have been saying about JT for a while now
    finally nice to see that somebody out there gets it, feels the same way I do and isn't afraid to say it
    his ego is bruised because of our lack of attention to him so he goes and forces the issue.That is so self important.
    Time to move on.

22. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    So riddle me this hypothetical scenario, Batman. Lets say you were to accept a job at a previous place of employment, where you loved to work, loved the city that it was in, and you accepted the job knowing that you were getting paid way less than what you think you deserved. Then after working at this place for 10+ years, all the while you thought you were doing a really good job for said company, they decide that your job may be eliminated, and that you may or may not be afforded the opportunity to work for the company in another role. Do you think your ego might be bruised, or that you were payed a lack of attention?

gunn34 and padre31 like this.
  23. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Lets take a second and think about things from his point of view. He has been apart of this organization for basically all of his career, he has experienced the highs and very very low lows this franchise has endured for over the past decade. He has gone through several coaching, personel and even ownership changes. However, he still does his best to remain a loyal dolphin and he is repayed by our new regime constantly questioning whether they want to keep him or not. If you were him, wouldnt you be at least exploring your other options? I would call that sensible, not selfish.

gunn34 likes this.
  24. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Oh come on now JT is a big boy who has earned a hell of a lot of money in this league. Everyone knows the football business. You hit your thirties and you are a marked man no matter who you are. Father time is undefeated man and everyone of these players get old and lose their job sometime. You would think he would know this.
    Ever heard the term nothing lasts forever?
    Well in the NFL time is short and JT thinks he is above that for some reason. His selfishness is one of the things that made me lose respect for the guy a few years back when he lied to the team. Last year he came cheap. If he feels disrespected by the paycheck shame on him. It is a business.

bluehaze likes this.
  25. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nice Jack Nicholson The Joker reference Bro, nice touch, nice touch indeed.

Riddle me this, Riddle me that, whose afraid of the big black bat?

:hi5:

26. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Considering how many teams are running the 34 now, why hasn't JT been offered more than a 1 year $2.5M contract?

27. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Read the "Ask Tim Graham" thread to find your answer.

28. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    When is the last day Free Agents can be signed? I don't want to see JT in a Jets uniform but if the front office won't sign him he has to start looking or he might be watching football from home.

29. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    now & I mean now
    sign JT:thanx:

cobrajet likes this.
  30. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Jim Carrey as The Riddler

padre31 likes this.
  31. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I have no problem paying him market value for a player that will be a situational pass rusher.

But the whole pay him because of loyalty is a bunch of hogwash, he was the one that wanted out the first time, where was the loyalty than?

Its a business.

I would not mind him coming back, but again, at a fair price.

steveincolorado likes this.
  32. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Who played better at LB than JT?

Firesole and jetssuck like this.
  33. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

This regime has no loyalty to Jt...that's the real thing here, guys. They didn't draft him and in fact, he babied his way out of here...not wanting to be part of rebuilding (his words, I believe) and then last season they brought him back. What loyalty is there to him ?? What has he done, other than a so-so season last year ?? He knows that the loyalty is about what can you do for me this coming season, not what you've done for me in the past....including last season...

Killerphins likes this.
  34. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Don't feed the troll

smahtaz likes this.
  35. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Because the Jets made the final 4, I read they can only offer JT $1.5 Million. Your telling me the Phins FO can't offer 2-3 million to a future member of the Dolphins honor roll? Funny thing is we need help in his area.

If they let this happen then they obviously feel that they have far superior players, which means my expecations become AFC Championship at least. Parcells still has something to prove to me, I mean the Dolphins had a choke filled losing season in 2009, so 2010 is important. Especially since he didn't do much of anything in Dallas. We're going into Year 3, so we'll see if they really are as good as people claim they are. We need more then just a random division title against a weak schedule, even Wannstedt got us a division title.

Oh, and don't blame JT. He wants to play[and is still good], and the Jets have shown interest in him, the Dolphins barely any.

jetssuck likes this.
  36. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i would love to see your take on the JT situation
    still jabbing at me but no worries
    havent seen you chime in with a response all day

37. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    This is the second time today that I've seen someone say we lose something with Porter gone.

38. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

You still haven't answered the question.

Who was the best LB?

39. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Looks to me like the Jets will negotiate a contract for JT, and the Dolphins will match it. Jason wants to be here, we don't have a real replacement for him on the roster yet (and I want any rookie OLB learning from JT anyway), and I think the the contract will be pretty good deal for Miami.

40. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I don't think you will see them make JT an offer until they see what they can grab in the draft, BUT - playing that "waiting game" will risk losing him to another team.

I think JT can still play but he is not worth a big contract or a long one either. If it were my team I would probably sign him and then fish for better talent afterward.

cobrajet likes this.